• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help Buy My First Ever Oakleys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
not usually at an outlet store...
maybe a bit ott for you, but a day trip to london is well worth it - the covent garden store has everything you'll need.

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

yeah the UK sunglasshut website doesnt even have Prizms on there :p unless I have somehow over looked them...

I believe the XL in flaks are the same as the rest of the XL models. They are just a larger size lens. Being better is really a preference for how you think they fit. For example, I like the XL in the m2s but not the flaks. So I have to concur, taking a trip for a day to try on various frames will save you stressing over a pair you don't really care for.

Oakley here in the states (not sure if it is in the UK) has a 90 return window. I have exchanged a few pairs now that after I wore them in the store and thought I liked them, I really grew to dislike them wearing them on a daily basis. For example, I can wear all of the PRIZM lenses except the daily prizms. Not sure why, but it's the only lens that gives me a headache. Once you find a pair you like in the store, get access to the exchange on here or find a reputable seller on eBay and get them cheaper. I loved the fuel cells and wanted a custom pair with vr28 BIP lenses. They would have cost me $180 at the vault. One of the members here had a pair up for sale for $80 with those lenses. And I got frames l liked better from him to boot.

As I mentioned before:
Black Iridium for extreme sunlight. Prizm lens for changeable weather.

To get what you want, you might have to buy the first pair with Black Iridium, then pick up the spare Prizm lenses separately.

Hi @BeccaBear sorry I'm so late to the party.
I am in the UK too and definitely agree with @mjt42 Re a trip to London. Myself and @Herbsley went to Covent Garden last year and it was awesome. It's good to find a good store so you can try different styles. Shade Station in Leeds is really good too if you don't mind a drive.
Wishing you luck with your first pair, if you've not already pulled the trigger. J x

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back