• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help! buyers remorse with brand new RX Oakley Straightlink frames/lenses

Thank you so much for responding Chris, this information is really helpful. I will be going back to the eye doc to have them double check everything is correct.

As far as my RX, my sphere is -3.25 with a -1.25 cylinder for both eyes with a slight variance in the axis (right eye is 160 and left eye is 20). Hopefully that is still okay for these frames?

I truly love the design and how they offer total sun coverage, so I’m gonna try and see what I can do. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond and explain. Fingers crossed it all checks out at the eye doc or I will have them remade/replaced. Thank you again for all your responses.

Best,
Ryan
Sounds good. You are on the higher end of Rx for wrap. But I don't think that's the issue. I've seen plenty worse. I very the oc height or pd measurement is off. If you are a contact lens wearer too give your self ample time to adjust.
Be polite, but let them know, I'm not normally picky but this is off and I'm hoping you can redo w some slight changes to improve my comfort and optics. Cheers

Hi all! New member here, have been reading the forums for awhile but decided to finally join since I have a question with my new Oakley’s.

My new RX Straightlink frames with polarized lenses arrived last week and to my disappointment things just aren’t right. My prescription did not change from my old pair, however when I put on my Oakley’s the vision is blurry, takes awhile to focus and it feels as if I am underwater or in a fish bowl. I know it takes some time to adjust to new frames as the shape is more curved than my regular RX glasses but something feels off. Unfortunately, I have read some reviews and horror stories suggesting that you should NOT put rx prescriptions into the Straightlink frames due to the curve and that your eye sight will always be distorted. When I wear them, I can see, but not perfectly and things do not stay in focus, especially at a distance.

Please let me know if any one else has had similar issues with these frames or something like it. I am going to give them a try for another week at work to see if my eyes/brain adjust but if not, I will be going back to the eye doctor where they were purchased sadly.

Thank you all for taking the time to read/respond to this. I was so excited to get a nice pair of Oakley’s for the greenhouse work that I do but am experiencing buyers remorse after spending over $400. The glasses themselves are amazing, just wish the RX didn’t give me a headache.
Thanks again,
Ryan
Hi Ryan - Last year during a sale bought 3 dif versions straighlink rx thru glassesusa. They got all of them in my single vision script perfect -I don't get that weird fishbowl feeling as I did when I got my Costa Rafaels back from fuse. My complaint of the straightlinks are my eyelashes against the lenses and the frames falling off my face if bending down without cables

Latest Posts

Back