• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help find me this pair

Anyone ever paid for a refinish & tuneup, curious on the costs. Have to wait until Monday to call Oakley. Thanks for all the feedback guys

Last I heard Oakley USA no longer does tuneups, and there have been quality problems with jobs after they were discontinued; guess they let go of the skillset.

And they never did refinishing, only warranty replacements.

The Man to go to is our respected forum member @THE X-MAN; if you look around you'll see his work, service, and reputation is stellar. Here's his website:

Services - The X-MAN Custom Metalworks

And here's a link to the form you'll need to fill out and print when you send them in, which includes pricing:

The X-Man's Custom Metalworks - Order Form

Anyone ever paid for a refinish & tuneup, curious on the costs. Have to wait until Monday to call Oakley. Thanks for all the feedback guys
I've had 4 different glasses done by the x man this past month. His work is quality bro and his turn around time is quick. In my avatar is one of the pairs he did for me. They were 24k xx's, I had him turn them a custom white and they are now my Miami Dolphins custom XXs.

+1 for the X-Man! He does phenominal work and actually cares about your glasses. You send them to Oakley and you will have some kid who may or may not have ever even held a pair of metals "working" on them. There are horror stories of marred frames and such. Good news is that Oakley will offer you a discount on a new pair of glasses if they destroy yours, lol. Not worth the risk. X-Man's price for what he does is reasonable and fair man. Get it done right and send 'em to X-Man!

+1 for the X-Man! He does phenominal work and actually cares about your glasses. You send them to Oakley and you will have some kid who may or may not have ever even held a pair of metals "working" on them. There are horror stories of marred frames and such. Good news is that Oakley will offer you a discount on a new pair of glasses if they destroy yours, lol. Not worth the risk. X-Man's price for what he does is reasonable and fair man. Get it done right and send 'em to X-Man!

Best thing I did was join this forum, learned a lot. I already contacted X-Man. Thanks!
I am hoping to score 2 Oakley Juliets X-Metal (polished) Hammer style on ebay and have X-man turn the polished frames into carbon for the first and X-metal for the 2nd, plan to put on complete maroon rubber kit on the carbons with black OEM Polarized lens. Kind of going for a Ducati look but with the hammer frame for that Carbon custom work.
Same red rubbers for X-metal frame but I already have the 16-824 Fire lenses for the X-metal.
Probably set me back $1000 after buying frames on ebay & custom work but I'll never find that look on ebay ha

Best thing I did was join this forum, learned a lot. I already contacted X-Man. Thanks!
I am hoping to score 2 Oakley Juliets X-Metal (polished) Hammer style on ebay and have X-man turn the polished frames into carbon for the first and X-metal for the 2nd, plan to put on complete maroon rubber kit on the carbons with black OEM Polarized lens. Kind of going for a Ducati look but with the hammer frame for that Carbon custom work.
Same red rubbers for X-metal frame but I already have the 16-824 Fire lenses for the X-metal.
Probably set me back $1000 after buying frames on ebay & custom work but I'll never find that look on ebay ha
Metal frames are an expensive hobby to get in to. There is no limit to the levels of customization that can be done and we currently have reliable sources for all the wear parts on the most popular frames. The glasses should last close to forever if taken care of and now that custom lens cutting is more common we should have lenses for the foreseeable future as well.

I recently had a pair of beat up polished Julie's (hammerstems) refinished in plasma by X-Man they look amazing now....

I recently had a pair of beat up polished Julie's (hammerstems) refinished in plasma by X-Man they look amazing now....
Thought I'd add some pics....

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

Back