• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help! First Oakleys Look Fishy...

Poccnr

Oakley Beginner
Bought these at Sportscheck in Canada were new in box. I starting looking more at them when I was home. Are these real? Take a look and is this normal on the nose? One side looks shaved down. Has a stamped Made in USA on it, and has mold injection marks on the arms. Any help would be appreciated I was really looking of outward to these.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 297
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 296
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 289
With a big box store it's possible someone bought them, didn't like the fit, tried to modify them, then returned them without Sportchek doing any sort of inspection.

Take it back and show them, see if they'll exchange it.

They will for sure, was just curious if these were fake or not? Never seen the USA stamped white on them not sure if its normal, all the ones I'm finding pictures of have it on the arm printed like the "GASCAN" where you can feel it.

Yeah, that might be part of a recent change. The frame production has been moved to China for the bulk of it, so they likely took the "USA" part off all the molds, or made new ones. Or who really knows. Two years ago that would have been a sure sign of fakes, but everything else looks fine marking wise and with the changes in production... hard to get definitive unless someone else has a pair like that.

I wouldn't think a big chain store would be selling fakes. If you paid standard Oakley prices, the glasses were in Oakley displays/cases, and dealt with a sporting goods store you should be just fine in terms of fakes.

I thought they possibly could be, I bought some SPY glasses last week and didn't like them, they returned the without inspection. Just wondering what to look for. Either way real or fake it looks like they been modded and returned.

Last edited:
They're real. Many of the recent gascans have "made in USA" stamped in white just like yours.

Bought these at Sportscheck in Canada were new in box. I starting looking more at them when I was home. Are these real? Take a look and is this normal on the nose? One side looks shaved down. Has a stamped Made in USA on it, and has mold injection marks on the arms. Any help would be appreciated I was really looking of outward to these.

Did you purchase them used ?

Back