• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help for an absolute Oakley virgin!

Indeed. It is a rabbit hole, but
I'm already doubting my sapphire choice haha....the ruby polarized is intriguing. I'm going to have go into the woods on a cloudy day and see if the sapphire are bright enough to hit the trails.

I am wondering why i never jumped on the Oakley train before lol..the difference aleady from my last sunglasses is ridiculous
Honestly, we all end up here for different reasons. Set rules for yourself, and know what you want. Case and point, i wont buy anything i wont wear.
I actually ended up on this forum bc i wanted to learn more about the "x metal" heritage of the Badman Carbon/Ruby i picked up at my closest Vault store. Then, after i had already doubled down and bought the Ferrari version, i read up and realized they are not x metals at all. The Ruby Polar are what sold me on that pair. That Blue tone looking through had such an amazing feel to it. Then i had to learn that what i had come to know as Ruby was actually Fruby (Fire+Ruby=Fruby). Good ruby polar in a deep red tone without much yellow/orange is rare and hard to find. Ruby Prizm Polar is also a great lens finish, but my more recent ones have a greenish tint and more yellow/orange than the earlier gens i had. There is much to learn here, and plenty of great members to help you along the way. Welcome to the addiction. lol.

Back