• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A-ROG

Oakley Enthusiast
Texas
If you’ve been fly fishing, you’ll know how bad the glare created by light bouncing off the water can be. And not only does it hurt your eyes, but the harmful UV rays can also damage them too! That’s why we never head out for a day of fishing without a pair of sunglasses.

But there’s no reason to let light conditions spoil your day on the water. The best fishing sunglasses offer protective lens technology to filter out glare, increase visibility, and help you spot the biggest fish in the best spots!

Read on to learn how to choose the best sunglasses for your next fly fishing trip. Plus, we’re sharing the top choices for your next pair of fishing shades.

Table of Contents
#" class="ez-toc-pull-right ez-toc-...-default ez-toc-toggle" style="display: none;...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• Fly-Fishing-1024x680.jpg
    Fly-Fishing-1024x680.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 125
    Fly-Fishing-1024x680.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 82
    Fly-Fishing-1024x680.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:
Costa, and Maui Jim are also big - Smith for some - but biggest fishing brand is Costa. Oakley Split Shot still gives them a run for their money though with Prizm Fishing lenses.

For trout, Deep and Shallow Waters, Daily and Tungsten Polarized Flak 2.0 XL for lightweight comfort and not having to deal with it slipping down and no lower frame half to block vision (happened with Valves) when bank fishing. Frameless bottom works better when frantically peeking for net handle or hemostats that may not be attached to you in the middle of a wild trout fight in places where things can suddenly go very wrong with line getting cut or fouled on lots of sharp volcanic rock all over the place, rushing water from out-take pipe and/or weeds.

For me, models without frame on top (like Radars) can let in way too much light whenever hat isn't on. Valve Emerald IP for Bass and BIP for ocean. If it's a question of only one for everything then whatever lens is best suited for light conditions to catch the big one. VR28BIP covers a lot of water and maybe Oakley would finally introduce a prizm version? Deep and Shallow Waters are favorites but would not be without 6 various lenses to cover ever changing light conditions (especially dawn and sunset) when on trout fishing vacations, aka Oakley-Aholic Anonymous meetings.

On the flats in the Florida Keys it's Costa Blackfin Pro. Hands down, no contest. Never thought I'd be a Costa fanboy but with that frame and the green mirror lenses, I put the Smith and the Oakleys right back in the bag and never touched them again. I only fly fish for bones on the flats so I can't speak at all on rivers or lakes or trout or bass.

Back