• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help identify this lens

Tomcat14

Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Volvo land
The seller said it is prizm maritime but im not 100% sure. Maybe its Daily DSC_0078 (2).JPG DSC_0087p.jpg DSC_0086p.jpg View attachment 268380

I would think the seller should know what lens he is selling. But I agree with Lex as it looks like daily.

@saulsaul has worn Prizm Maritime enough though so he knows what it can look like through that lens.

Does anyone know for sure what transmission the maritime is? Feels to me on the darker side for Prizms. Perhaps 15-18%?

Does anyone know for sure what transmission the maritime is? Feels to me on the darker side for Prizms. Perhaps 15-18%?

Hi Saul, I purchased a Prizm maritime fives squared after reading your reviews in your thread. I love it! Great high contrast lens to look through and greener than Jade!

I was also wondering about the light transmission since it's not listed on the o-review. I did find a third party oakley retailer, which lists it as 19%. Seems about right to me and in line with what you were saying.

Link:
Oakley SI Chainlink PRIZM @ TacticalGear.com

Hi Saul, I purchased a Prizm maritime fives squared after reading your reviews in your thread. I love it! Great high contrast lens to look through and greener than Jade!

I was also wondering about the light transmission since it's not listed on the o-review. I did find a third party oakley retailer, which lists it as 19%. Seems about right to me and in line with what you were saying.

Link:
Oakley SI Chainlink PRIZM @ TacticalGear.com
Glad you like it as much as I do!

19%? It could well be. But being Polarized and with quite a lot of reflection (iridium) compared to other Prizms, feels darker to me. But yeah, slightly darker than Road which I think is 20%.

@saulsaul
I agree, it does feel a bit darker. It holds up much better in bright light than the prizm shallow, which is rated at 21%. Like you said, I guess it has more iridium and glare reduction.

Either way, an amazing lens! And of course, I don't know how reliable that source is, just the only info I have found.

Last edited:
Hard to tell. Could be daily could be maritime. Need to see front surface to tell. Maritime is very Jade-like from the front.

It's not green when i look at it that was the first thing i noticed because i have seen pics on maritime and noticed the green. But i´m going to take some pics in a day or two

Back