• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help Identifying Lenses

Dardonardo

Oakley Expert
Spain
Since you helped me so much and so quick I was wondering if you could identify these lenses for me. The ones on the jawbone I believe they are red positive, the one above the jawbone they told me they are also red positive. The single lens is suppose to be custom cut from an Oakley lens by a guy on eBay. It is very thin to me, can you help me know of it is red positive and if they are thin oakley lenses?

All sizes | Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Again thanks for your help and wisdom.

it looks thin from this angle but it could be bevelled. only way to tell is too see it for sure. the color is not wrong though- there is a large variation of colors that positive red lenses have. from purply red to orangey like this.

This what the eBay tells me about the lenses:

"These were cut from an earlier generation +Red Iridium Polarized M-Frame lens which was thinner a thinner lens like all older lenses. Oakley just thickened their lenses recently and is why it appears thinner. I hand pick each one for it's color. When Oakley was bought out by a larger company they made changes to save money and thicker not as good lenses are now produced. I prefer the older thinner oakley lens as it has much better clarity then newer lenses."

Could it be true or it is just a bunch of bs? From what I recall from 20 years ago my subzeros and zeros had pretty sturdy lens...

Thanks!!

Thanks!!! The lenses are very soft, you can bend them very easily, I do not think old oakleys were like these.

Dont be so sure, some oakley lenses are thinner than others. I have a feeling ebay is telling the truth.

Latest Posts

Back