• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help IDing Prizm Field vs. Outfield vs. Infield

theaegean

Oakley Beginner
Hi all, could really use some help. Prizm Field is driving me crazy. I understand there was originally an Outfield and an Infield, and now there’s just Field. Some have said that Field is the same as the previous Outfield, but 2 separate Oakley reps have now told me Outfield, Infield, and Field are 3 distinctly different lenses. Does anyone have old Outfield and current Field that they could post a comparison picture of (or, if you disagree with the reps, could you explain why you know new Field = old Outfield)? Mostly looking for a view of the outside finish, since that’s what appears to be most differentiating.

E3410F09-7FC0-4433-89DE-2EF3AEB35BE7.jpeg

The photo is of all the orders I’ve received (all this month) trying to get to the bottom of this: the 3 w/cartons are from online retailers, the loose set is direct from Oakley (after I got tired of the guesswork, I went straight to the source, but I’m still as confused as ever). The top set is clearly Infield (barcode and box both say so, and it’s definitely higher VLT and grayer base color).

My confusion is with the 3 others. All 3 have a sort of rose base tint (all very similar to look through). The middle carton and loose set seem identical, but the ones in the bottom carton are clearly different.

Here’s info on: [how they were sold/listed online]; [what the packaging says]; [what the barcode says]

Middle Carton: Outfield; Field; Outfield
Bottom Carton: Field; Field; Field (and “PrizmOutfi” on a second seller-generated barcode)
Loose: Field/[no carton]/BB Otfl

It’s sort of like the middle 2 are closer to Ruby Iridium and the bottom is closer to Fire Iridium. My hypothesis is the middle 2 are current Field and the bottom is the old Outfield. This is what I’m looking to confirm.

For what it’s worth, Oakley says the loose set are the bona fide, current Field, even though they’re barcoded as Outfield. I’m inclined to believe them, despite the fact that they created this mess in the first place. I know I should just pick the ones I like and not care so much, but it’s really stuck in my craw; after all, they decided to consolidate the Field product line, so I guess I’m just looking for confirmation on which ones of these are the “latest and greatest.” Thanks!

Who cares what others think. Just wear the ones that really speak to 'you'.
I’m not sure what gave you the impression that I care what others think. I just want facts - a straight answer about which ones are actually the current Field lens. Oakley decided one lens could take the place of separate Infield/Outfield ones, so that’s the one that “speaks to me;” I just don’t know which one that is. It’s off-season and I can’t easily “field test” (har har) them in a baseball game setting.

This is a cluster - Oakley customer service is all confused on this - I spent at least 2-3 hours trying to sort this out earlier this year.

But the "new" Field are clearly different than the Infield - they have different colors when looking out - a rosy color for the new, and a grey for the Infield. Supposedly the Outfield (I've never seen them) are close to the new Field, but not identical

HOWEVER - on the Oakley website -at least for the Radar EV replacements - they had two different product numbers both listed as "Field" and I couldn't get a straight answer from any of the reps - but the one they ended up sending me was the Infield model - which I didn't want. I ended up returning it, but they couldn't tell me if the other lens was Outfield - they kept saying they were all Field - even when the replacement lens box clearly said "Infield" on it.

On top of all of that - they appear to have changed the "new" Fields - the ones I got a couple of years ago (again, these are all Radar EVs) the lens was all a solid single reddish color - but the ones I got this year are reddish with yellow tints at the sides. I like the solid color much better.

I will say Oakley did the best they could to make this headache right for me by sending me a free pair of EVs - the only downside was it had the newer Fields w/the yellow tints at the edges.

I don't think it is the actual reps fault - seems like whoever is above them and controlling the website/inventory issues made a confusing mess of all of this.

I think prizm field is the same as the outfield. I have 2 outfields and the infield that i HAD look so much different than the current baseball field

This is a cluster - Oakley customer service is all confused on this - I spent at least 2-3 hours trying to sort this out earlier this year.

But the "new" Field are clearly different than the Infield - they have different colors when looking out - a rosy color for the new, and a grey for the Infield. Supposedly the Outfield (I've never seen them) are close to the new Field, but not identical

HOWEVER - on the Oakley website -at least for the Radar EV replacements - they had two different product numbers both listed as "Field" and I couldn't get a straight answer from any of the reps - but the one they ended up sending me was the Infield model - which I didn't want. I ended up returning it, but they couldn't tell me if the other lens was Outfield - they kept saying they were all Field - even when the replacement lens box clearly said "Infield" on it.

On top of all of that - they appear to have changed the "new" Fields - the ones I got a couple of years ago (again, these are all Radar EVs) the lens was all a solid single reddish color - but the ones I got this year are reddish with yellow tints at the sides. I like the solid color much better.

I will say Oakley did the best they could to make this headache right for me by sending me a free pair of EVs - the only downside was it had the newer Fields w/the yellow tints at the edges.

I don't think it is the actual reps fault - seems like whoever is above them and controlling the website/inventory issues made a confusing mess of all of this.
This read just gave me a headache and its not OP’s fault.

You said it! Glad I’m not the only one. I Eventually decided to track down a pair of Ohtani Radar EVs to have a point of reference for what Field lenses look like on a newer release. The lenses in that pair are clearly like the 2 middle pairs in my picture. They seem pretty monochrome - mostly red/purplish with rose base tint - so I guess the ones you got that are yellowish at the edges could be yet another incarnation? If you have a pic of what they sent you, I’d love to see it.

I’m now pretty confident my picture shows
Top: Definitely Infield
2 Middle: Almost certainly Field (after IF/OF consolidation)
Bottom: Seems like old Outfield

Latest Posts

Back