• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help! I'm trying to sell my X metal Romeo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Whittingham

Oakley Beginner
Hello Oakley fanatics!

About (roughly 10) years ago I had a lot of money and decided to buy a pair of Oakleys, saw MI:2 - So bought the Romeos X metal with iridium lenses.

Times have changed now I want to sell the glasses this or next week. I have all the box, coin and such but the rubber parts I'm still trying to find. All in good to Ok condition. Doing a tiny bit or research I have realised they stopped making these a while back so hopefully makes it more of a speciality item.

What's the best way to sell this? I'm used to eBay so I'm thinking that will be the best. What sort of price shall I put it at or just do an auction? Any help and advice is really appreciated.

New member (just signed up to ask this question really) so be gentle!

Thanks
Whitty :cool:

You can try to sell them here on the forum, but you will probably fetch more on eBay. Price range will be between $400--$700 depending on the condition. Pictures would help us better estimate the value.

Ok, will post pictures soon (it is midnight and I need to go to work tomorrow). Quite good condition - frames are great but lenses are lenses and there are VERY small imperfections but the biggest thing is the small hairline cracks on BOTH lenses around the top screw join - inside only (manufacturer fault?). I want to sell the glasses to someone that wants them for the most money but want them to be happy and knowing with the condition they are in.

Like I said, I will post pics tomorrow.

I am in the UK though and only have eBayed locally. Would I get more money if I open it up to States or further?

Ok, will post pictures soon (it is midnight and I need to go to work tomorrow). Quite good condition - frames are great but lenses are lenses and there are VERY small imperfections but the biggest thing is the small hairline cracks on BOTH lenses around the top screw join - inside only (manufacturer fault?). I want to sell the glasses to someone that wants them for the most money but want them to be happy and knowing with the condition they are in.

Like I said, I will post pics tomorrow.

I am in the UK though and only have eBayed locally. Would I get more money if I open it up to States or further?

Romeo 1's were famous for getting stress fractures in the lenses.

Facebook

having trouble posting the pics on this forum, I put them all on my facebook site and put the link above. Let me know if they work or my facebook settings are rubbish.

Found all rubbers, also all bumf you get with the glasses, the only little wear is where I took the romeo coin out of the box and slightly ripped the cardboard.

Help and info appreciated as always :tongue:

can you not see them then?

EDIT: try this Pictures by Stuart_Whittingham - Photobucket

Perfect, now just hover over the photo and click the IMG Code link;
IMG_3070.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back