• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help Me Choose A Pair Of Radars For Baseball? Newbie

CDub22

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys just signed up it looks like a great site and community. I have been looking for some Oakley Radars for a while. Specifically the Pitch or Path lenses. I need/want a pair for baseball and some casual wear. I catch and play outfield if that helps. I really like the positive red iridium and ice iridium lenses. So what should I get and wear can I get the best deal.

You like +Red and Ice because of how they look, or because of how they work? They're slightly different.

My own opinion is to take photochromic Black iridium for light and dark, and maybe G30 for cloudy. There is a VR50 photochromic pair which could be a possible do-it-all, but there's only one frame option I see (sky blue).

Theres so many options with the radar/radarlock. Your gonna have to find a lens that your comfortable with and from there its up to you with frame colors and what not. If your going to be switching out lenses frequently obviously the radarlock might suit you more.

You could go for Radarlocks which allow for faster/easier lens changing, and get a dark pair like Ice Iridium for bright days and a pair like G30 (which I love for cloud days, although never played baseball with them) for cloudy days.

I like the way Ice and red iridium look yes. I'm thinking a matte black frame and then either red iridium or ice iridium. Where can I get these for the best deal

Hey man, welcome to the forum!
A few years back baseball turned me onto Oakley as well, and I've worn the O ever since.
- As far as lens shape goes, it's really your personal preference based on whichever cut you think is more comfortable and fits your face best.
- The +Red and Ice Iridiums are both black-based lenses, so they will have the same dark tint and I believe roughly the same light transmission. The only difference between the two is the iridium coating, which doesn't really affect the tint. If you have the ability to get two lenses, I would also recommend the Fire Iridium. Fires are great for contrast and are cut on a brighter base, so looking out, your vision will have a brighter, yellow-ish tint which is good for overcast days as well as moderate to bright sunlight.
- If you do decide to go the two lens route, you might want to check out the Radarlocks, as they make lens-changing very easy and reduce the chance that you'll scratch a lens while changing it out.
- In terms of best deal, you can get a whole custom Radarlock deal from Oakley for $260, but if you want regular Radars I'd imagine someone on the form can hook you up for a good price, and Ebay and Craigslist are also worth checking out, although you do run a greater risk of buying fakes I suppose.

Zoah

Hey man, welcome to the forum!
A few years back baseball turned me onto Oakley as well, and I've worn the O ever since.
- As far as lens shape goes, it's really your personal preference based on whichever cut you think is more comfortable and fits your face best.
- The +Red and Ice Iridiums are both black-based lenses, so they will have the same dark tint and I believe roughly the same light transmission. The only difference between the two is the iridium coating, which doesn't really affect the tint. If you have the ability to get two lenses, I would also recommend the Fire Iridium. Fires are great for contrast and are cut on a brighter base, so looking out, your vision will have a brighter, yellow-ish tint which is good for overcast days as well as moderate to bright sunlight.
- If you do decide to go the two lens route, you might want to check out the Radarlocks, as they make lens-changing very easy and reduce the chance that you'll scratch a lens while changing it out.
- In terms of best deal, you can get a whole custom Radarlock deal from Oakley for $260, but if you want regular Radars I'd imagine someone on the form can hook you up for a good price, and Ebay and Craigslist are also worth checking out, although you do run a greater risk of buying fakes I suppose.

Zoah

Thanks man! Right now I'm just looking to get a frame with one lense. Later I could get more. I've checked eBay and there's some frames I like but they come with non oakley lenses.

No problem! Definitely Go with an Oakley Lens, especially for the first pair. Another option is to hit up an Oakley Store where I believe you can chose a stock colorway frame and lens and that shouldn't run you more than $200.

I would say go for the radarlock photo-chromatic and or pick up a radar with a G30, its not to terrible at being a all around lens..

I play men's league and coach high school ball. Wore m frames while in college playing, now swear by my radars with red iridium range lens.

Latest Posts

Back