• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help Me Choose A Pair Of Radars For Baseball? Newbie

Positive red is a stellar outdoor sports lens. But go with the radarlock, much more comfortable

If you plan on wearing them hitting, I'd actually go with a frame with a straight stem, either a Radar Strait Stem or Flak Jackets. The hammer earstems on regular Radars or Radarlocks can get in the way with helmet earflaps. If you only want one do it all lens, I'd personally go for G40 photochromic, G30/G40 gives great contrast between blue sky and green grass, and a white ball tends to jump out of either background.

I wear G40 photos now for about 70% of the time while I'm playing or at practice, the rest of the time it's either Fire Polarized for very bright days (which tends to create a haze on the horizon around here, so I trade a bit of extra light transmission for contrast), High Intensity Persimmon for really dark, grey days or into the early evening if a game or practice is going late, then Yellow or High Intensity Yellow under lights/indoors in the cage

Back