• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help me ID childhood Frogskins

gramboda

Oakley Beginner
I am trying to ID a long lost pair of "childhood" Frogskins from somewhere in the mid to late 90s. They had red iridium lenses for sure. I remember the frames having almost a granite type texture to them. They were gray with lighter shade speckles. Definitely had a texture to them. Any ideas? And what they would be worth if I wanted to relive my youth?

That sounds like the Black rain Frogskins

6F34D7DB-3EA2-487E-A75B-D86CE5CA9FAC.jpeg

I am trying to ID a long lost pair of "childhood" Frogskins from somewhere in the mid to late 90s. They had red iridium lenses for sure. I remember the frames having almost a granite type texture to them. They were gray with lighter shade speckles. Definitely had a texture to them. Any ideas? And what they would be worth if I wanted to relive my youth?

Yep, the elusive black rains. I would love to find a pair mint. My buddy has one but wants to hang onto it. 1st gens fit great, I’m sure once you find a pair you won’t regret it.

Thanks guys! How crazy is it that I am not 100% sure those are the ones? Now this was like 25+ years ago but I seem to remember the frames being darker gray. Who knows. Can you actually feel the texture on the Black Rains, as opposed to smooth? Mine were def textured. I just looked at a bunch of pics on sold listings and I cannot believe I would have accidentally bought something so collectible.

Good
Yep, the elusive black rains. I would love to find a pair mint. My buddy has one but wants to hang onto it. 1st gens fit great, I’m sure once you find a pair you won’t regret it.
Good luck. I miss the pair I had! They were bnib when I night them from the original owner (little old lady in Beaumont, Texas). I’m right there with ya, on finding a mint pair. Need it for a daily lol

I bought these in like 2015 or something off a local guy for like 50 bucks. He had violet lenses in them. I was too terrified to pull the lenses out and replace them with pos red. Gen 2s break so easy. I'm personally still hunting for a gen 2 crystal red. Seems to be the frame that eludes me. Ive purchased like 5 over the years. All came cracked or broken or not as described. I had one when I was a kid too. Was my first frog. Been some hard to find it.
1444009926384-587963199.jpg
1444009890210-328132969.jpg
1444009859529303358621.jpg
1444009811596-1230846067.jpg

Latest Posts

Back