• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help Me Identify These Oakleys.....

Andrew Baty

Oakley Beginner
image.jpg image.jpg
Hi,

Wonder if anybody could help me identify these Oakleys, purchased circa 2002. There is no serial number on the frame, only 'Jacket' on the inside left arm. I'd erroneously believed them to be Minutes 1.0, but discovered my mistake when ordering incorrect replacement lenses.

Any advice greatly appreciated, also on best place to order lenses/ ear socks.

Thanks,

Andrew

Looks like an Eye Jacket. It's version 1.0 of the O logo/icon on the arm is molded plastic. It's 2.0 if the O is an logo/icon attached with adhesive.

EJ Gen II if you bought them new in 02 and they werent dead stock. New rubbers can be purchased off ebay but they arent cheap. OEM lenses are non existent. Have to go aftermarket (cringe) or have some custom cut from an Oakley donor. Looks like FMJ 45mm, great color

Looks like an Eye Jacket. It's version 1.0 of the O logo/icon on the arm is molded plastic. It's 2.0 if the O is an logo/icon attached with adhesive.

Gen II, not 2.0, thats a completely different pair.

I also have a pair of gen 1 eye jackets and while these are definitely eye jackets. The issue with them is that all eye jackets...no matter the generation had Oakley spelled out in the middle of the glasses. The serial numbers weren't always put on but every generation eye jacket had that writing...so you may have a pair of fakes.

his are real, the logo is there in its correct color and font, just wore off in the center. Eye Jackets never has serial numbers, or SKU numbers either on the frame that I remember.

Oh ok. I see the oakley written on the front of the glasses now. Yeah they didn't have serial numbers on the glasses back then. Yours is def a 1st gen. Very hard to find now in that color.

Back