• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help - Minute 2.0 icons - have researched for over 5 hours!

DaysOfNoah

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Friends,

Can anyone help me confirm any other Oakleys that use the same icons as Minute 2.0?
Yes, I've searched the forum.
Surely someone knows.

I bought Minute 2.0 green icons on Ebay, which I found don't fit, tonight.
The seller has the icon compatibility listed as Chainlink / Minute 2.0 / Mainlink / Straightlink / Thinlink XX.

Is that correct?

The icons I received are barely too thin - ALMOST a fit.

I also bought frames, green earsocks, and matching emerald lenses. : (

I'm aware of an Icon Compatibility list, but it doesn't include Minute 2.0:
The Oakley Review - Wiki (Icon_Compatibility)

Thanks for your help,
Scott in Denver

icon01.jpg
icon02.jpg

Here's a bit more detail: I recently bought a (second) pair of polished whites, intending to build them as emerald green (above), blue iridium, or similar.
The Minute 2.0 frames from Ebay came WITHOUT icons.
I bought emerald green lenses, earsocks, and the (above) faulty icons.
So I have a pair of Minute 2.0 with no icons. It's tragic. : (
Maybe someone has a pair of Minute 2.0 icons I can buy, or can help me solve my compatibility puzzle.
Scott in Denver

I have one minute 2.0. I just checked it against everything I have. The chainlink was close but no cigar. The only one that looks like it could fit is the Half Pint. It's a kids frame from 2002. Good luck on the hunt.

@SiRacer420 thank you so much.
Would you mind including what other frame's icons you compared it to, so I can safely eliminate those?
Uh, just how close do the icons on the Half Pint look, to fitting in the Minute 2.0? I could pick up a pair of Half-pint for ~$30, to salvage the icons.

@SiRacer420 thank you so much.
Would you mind including what other frame's icons you compared it to, so I can safely eliminate those?
Uh, just how close do the icons on the Half Pint look, to fitting in the Minute 2.0? I could pick up a pair of Half-pint for ~$30, to salvage the icons.
No problem. It was pretty damn close. If you can get a Half Pint for $30 and they don't, you can definitely get your money back on it.

I don't have a list handy lol I tried it against all these.

IMG_6678.JPG

First off the straightlink and mainlink have two totally different icons.

Radarlock icons fit the straightlink and I do believe the fast 14 icons fit the mainlinks...

That's the main issue off the bat. I'll look at work tomorrow and see what i can come up with!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back