• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help! My X Squareds are too tight!

flakerson

Oakley Enthusiast
Does anyone know how to loosen the ear... shafts... on a pair of X Squared? They are squeezing my head a bit too much for comfort.

Smaller/thinner Temple shocks definitely helped! Thank you! Not perfect but muuuuuuuuch better :)

Still tight, and I still need two hands to put them on without stabbing or scraping my head... not great for driving.

my try removing the temple shocks all together. As they loosen up over time you can put them back in. I wear a 7 5/8 hat so I have the same issue sometimes after I have them tuned up.

my try removing the temple shocks all together. As they loosen up over time you can put them back in. I wear a 7 5/8 hat so I have the same issue sometimes after I have them tuned up.
Does metal on metal damage them at all if you remove the tshocks? Without tshocks they fit me wonderfully.

3 parts compose the tightness of the fit for the XS

1st - Nose Bride gaskets thickness
2nd - Temple rubbers thickness
3rd - Nose bridge Hex tightness

Change your Temple Gaskets along with the orbital Gaskets - biggest impact.

Ive found the XS to be the most comfortable of all X Metal frames once properly setup.

OEM also had a concave Temple Shock that was very “squishy” and made things very comfortable as well.

Also, depending on how thick/new the orbital gaskets are - it will press substantially more on your head.

My first XS frame was so tight and painful to wear I thought the frame was inferior.
I then got a more used frame, and it is still today the most comfortable pair of X Metals I wear.

If you already shaved down the temple rubbers thickness, next I would remove the nose bridge gaskets, and shave them down a little bit as well. A little bit goes a long way with this shaving, but when you put them back on - they will be substantially more flexible, and way more comfortable.

3 parts compose the tightness of the fit for the XS

1st - Nose Bride gaskets thickness
2nd - Temple rubbers thickness
3rd - Nose bridge Hex tightness

Change your Temple Gaskets along with the orbital Gaskets - biggest impact.

Ive found the XS to be the most comfortable of all X Metal frames once properly setup.

OEM also had a concave Temple Shock that was very “squishy” and made things very comfortable as well.

Also, depending on how thick/new the orbital gaskets are - it will press substantially more on your head.

My first XS frame was so tight and painful to wear I thought the frame was inferior.
I then got a more used frame, and it is still today the most comfortable pair of X Metals I wear.

If you already shaved down the temple rubbers thickness, next I would remove the nose bridge gaskets, and shave them down a little bit as well. A little bit goes a long way with this shaving, but when you put them back on - they will be substantially more flexible, and way more comfortable.
I haven’t even touched the nose bridge gaskets yet. I guess I got some homework for tomorrow:):)

Latest Posts

Back