• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help name these lenses

Or here in the exchange :)
2bla52.jpg

Just bought a pair of Crystal black +red Iridium (24-304) that I have found here in Europe brand new, and as I read in the forum, they are rather blue than red. I have seen the pictures of older models and they look cooler imho.

Just bought a pair of Crystal black +red Iridium (24-304) that I have found here in Europe brand new, and as I read in the forum, they are rather blue than red. I have seen the pictures of older models and they look cooler imho.

Congrats dude! Glad you found what you were looking for. Yeah newer +red is different from old school. Less red/Ruby in it. But still a solid color option. I have babied my wiretaps with old school +red for that very reason.
20180606_093804.jpg

Thanks man! I gotta say these glasses of yours have the coolest lenses I have ever seen! Really nice! I guess oakley doesnt make lenses like these anymore. By the way, by looking at your picture, what would be the diffence between +red lenses and ruby lenses?

Thanks man! I gotta say these glasses of yours have the coolest lenses I have ever seen! Really nice! I guess oakley doesnt make lenses like these anymore. By the way, by looking at your picture, what would be the diffence between +red lenses and ruby lenses?

Older rubies had a nice red throughout with some angles showing off a nice purple hue. Newer ruby has a red fading to fire. Ends up being a lot of fire which is why you will see people refer to newer rubies as fruby. Basically the older lenses had more color/colors on the red variants than a lot of the newer lenses when talking about reds. The difference is the tints and light transmission are slightly different. Both have a blue base. But they aren't quite the same base tint. It's really just a preference of which one you like looking through and what outside colors you like better.

Once again, thanks for your knowledge! I wanted to ask you because I have found my glasses with ruby iridium lenses in a web, and it looked very similar to older reds. You are right when you point that older lenses look more colourful in the reds than new ones, from what I have learned by looking at pictures. No wonder why they are so desirable. Its a shame they dont make these lenses anymore, but again this gives more value to the old ones.

Congrats dude! Glad you found what you were looking for. Yeah newer +red is different from old school. Less red/Ruby in it. But still a solid color option. I have babied my wiretaps with old school +red for that very reason. View attachment 491344

Found a used pair of frogs with older +reds and they look totally different! I still dont know why the new models kept the "+red" name . :idk:

20180628_131959.jpg

Latest Posts

Back