• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help! Need Some Opinions!

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
So I turned this:

DSC_0015-3.jpg

Into this with great help from Mark:

DSC_0001-8.jpg

What I need advice on is whether to keep the rubber set black or go for some green ones to help break up the black frame?

Thanks!

So green rubber would be a little too busy?

Yeah, I'm torn on this one. On one hand the all black makes the lenses pop more. On the other hand, all my other frames have matching colored rubber sets with the lenses.

Do you happen to have the green rubbers in hand to take a picture?

If you like it loud you should go green, otherwise stay black

Go Green. Personally I love the original Frame Color combo, but since you've gone custom, you might as well go all the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you happen to have the green rubbers in hand to take a picture?
Not yet. I'm thinking about ordering them once LG comes back online. Problem is, if I get them and don't like the look, the rubber set may be hard to sell.
If you like it loud you should go green, otherwise stay black
I do like to go loud at times but the lenses are pretty loud to begin with. LOL
Go Green. Personally I love the original Frame Color combo, but since you've gone custom, you might as well go all the way.
I wish I could've kept the original Titanium finish but it was pretty beat up.

I'm really starting to love this matte black look though since the R1 never had a dark frame release.

Initially I wanted to put +Red lenses on them but I can't a donor set anywhere. I would've had +Red with a red rubber set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back