• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help Needed, Broken Icons.....

will brown

Oakley Beginner
Hey all, if this is in the wrong area, please accept my apologies. I have been reading this site for a while now and have finally decided to refinish and old pair of night camo monster dogs I have. The frames are great, but the original gunmetal icons lost there finish and turned almost blue. So after reading , I decided to take them off and refinish them. My luck, I broke them taking them off. I have contacted Oakley about buying a spare set but the don't have this option, does anyone have an idea or can point me in the direction of a spare set?

Best bet is either finding someone parting out a frame, or sourcing a pair that uses the same icon. I know o-review used to have a database of what size and style of icon each pair used, maybe do a little searching around there and see if you find something that looks close.

Based on what I found on the site , the only other type that uses the same icon are the eye jacket 2.0. So I have been searching ebay and elsewhere. Hopefully I'll come across a couple.

Icons are often harder to find than lenses. If Oakley ever offered OCP on the frame there is always a chance someone somewhere has icons. If not, you either have to wait for someone to scrap out a pair with good icons, find a cheap donor pair for icons, or source a suitable frame to pull them from. None are really very good options, and I wish Oakley had done a better job of seeing people's desire to have more custom color combos including icons.

Of course you could always do the sensible thing and abandon your O-matter pairs in favor of X-metal ones that don't have icons hahaha.

I appreciate the info. I apart would scrap these if they were not the first pair I ever bought and the frame that they are. The glasses have been through a lot and I wanted to breathe some new life into them.

That is a new on for me, did see those listed as a fit. Have you done this personally?
My main pair that i just sold had a custom swap to orange icons, if i am not mistaken the previous owner who was the one that did the custom job said they were from pitbulls, i know there were no monster dogs with orange icons that i remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back