• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help needed on these glasses...

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum so please bear with me lol. I was cleaning out my late step-Dads home after he passed and came across these sunglasses. He was definitely a fan of Oakley and always had many pairs. I almost threw them away but they were unique so I kept them. Incidentally, I probably did throw out the bag and or box as I did run into empty Oakley cases, bags etc. but didn't think much about them...Ugh. I've been reading through all the forums and guides but still have some questions about these. They seem to be X-Metal Romeo 1's, however, they do not have a serial number on the left arm. Everything else seems very authentic ( I went through the how to spot a fake thread too and hopefully the pictures will help) and they do have a number by the o/x symbol under the bridge of the nose. It is 096065. I did read somewhere that 4th generation, I think, doesn't have the serial numbers, is this correct? I thought they stopped making the Romeo 1 in 2004? I'm still confused as to when they may have been made or if I can even narrow that down to figure out if they are Romeo 1. Any information about them would be greatly appreciated. View attachment 862116Thanks. View attachment 862115View attachment 862117View attachment 862120View attachment 862122View attachment 862123

View attachment 862118
One more advice.
Unless you need the money buy a nice stand and keep it.

The lenses while not mint do look to be in decent shape, I do not see any of the legendary spider cracks that develop on these. I say with that alone, you should be able to get 750+ for these no problem. Non-cracked oem x-metal etched lenses are super hard to find these days.

Example of what said mentioned cracks look like on Romeos.
View attachment 862168
thank you! they definitely don't have any cracking or large scratches....but they do have a few little pinhole size scratches or marks

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum so please bear with me lol. I was cleaning out my late step-Dads home after he passed and came across these sunglasses. He was definitely a fan of Oakley and always had many pairs. I almost threw them away but they were unique so I kept them. Incidentally, I probably did throw out the bag and or box as I did run into empty Oakley cases, bags etc. but didn't think much about them...Ugh. I've been reading through all the forums and guides but still have some questions about these. They seem to be X-Metal Romeo 1's, however, they do not have a serial number on the left arm. Everything else seems very authentic ( I went through the how to spot a fake thread too and hopefully the pictures will help) and they do have a number by the o/x symbol under the bridge of the nose. It is 096065. I did read somewhere that 4th generation, I think, doesn't have the serial numbers, is this correct? I thought they stopped making the Romeo 1 in 2004? I'm still confused as to when they may have been made or if I can even narrow that down to figure out if they are Romeo 1. Any information about them would be greatly appreciated. View attachment 862116Thanks. View attachment 862115View attachment 862117View attachment 862120View attachment 862122View attachment 862123

Welcome to the Forum and sorry for you loss.
Good call saving an Oakley Iconic Frame.
Thank you, He is missed everyday <3

Back