• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

bandit.sunglasses

I should Work at Oakley
Hey Everyone,

New member here and big time Oakley sunglasses fan! Just scored an incredible deal, I picked up a pair of chrome Pro M Frames with a sweep lens in incredible condition given the age (just missing a little paint on one of the icons). I was wondering if anyone could tell me how many of these frames were made. I know Oakley didn't make a ton of Pro M Frames and they're fairly rare, but I've only ever seen 1 one other chrome pair ever, and never with a sweep lens. Can anyone tell me how many were made? When did Oakley produce these? And any history about how one may have gone about ordering them? Any information is helpful!

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

Its not called chrome. Its called Polished Aluminum and nobody will be able to provide actual production numbers as it wasnt a limited release.

Not really "rare" but beautiful and a great find in that condition.

I was about to post about specifying they are polished aluminum.

Same thing happens in Radars when people mentiom chrome instead of polished aluminum. The real chrome ones are the BMX ones and the difference is obvious.

Well by the time I could respond, they’ve already gone up on the bay.

They will be no bargain for the buyer at $225+10 shipping.

Claiming the Pro M Frame as “incredibly rare” is very inaccurate. The Pro M Frame was around for a while.

Agreed.
Guess the OP won't be back?

Interestingly found this in the completed items. Read the description... Since when is anything Oakley polished black rare? Incredibly it sold or so it says.
(the link shows up weird but once you click you'll see the one I'm referring to)

Latest Posts

Back