• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help...........Should I Pull The Trigger?

UPDATED Help........... I pulled the Trigger? UPDATED WITH PICTURE

Came across these today, can you date them with the serial number?
How easy would it be to replace the lens and how common are replacement lens?

Last edited by a moderator:
Juliet lenses are quite common.

Serialized Juliets aren't much of a big deal as they're still in production and will be for the foreseeable future.

$200 is a good price for both the glasses and case. I'd definitely pick them up.

The serial number will tell you the generation of the frames and then you'll have a time span on where to put it. The Juliets are probably the most common XMetal frame and the lenses are really easy to find and change, all you need is a T6 torx and you're done in no time... and above all: is a very sweet deal what you got! the vailt alone is like $80 - $110 bucks man...

Juliet lenses are quite common.

Serialized Juliets aren't much of a big deal as they're still in production and will be for the foreseeable future.

$200 is a good price for both the glasses and case. I'd definitely pick them up.

co-sign! if its in that price range, i'd get it if i were you.

Good price due to the inclusion of the vault....which in THAT condition is worth closer to $125-$150 based on recent eBay sales. ONLY issue I would have is that darn nosebridge again...if its too loose that's $70 right there-take out $125 in value on the vault thats $75...but then add $70 for a tune up and (if you shop around) $50 for lenses and you're at $185 which is spitting distance to new pieces that sell for $215-$220.

Good price due to the inclusion of the vault....which in THAT condition is worth closer to $125-$150 based on recent eBay sales. ONLY issue I would have is that darn nosebridge again...if its too loose that's $70 right there-take out $125 in value on the vault thats $75...but then add $70 for a tune up and (if you shop around) $50 for lenses and you're at $185 which is spitting distance to new pieces that sell for $215-$220.

Mmmm the nosebridge is a common problem with these?
Thanks for all the input, I have a trade option pending.
Jester

Mmmm the nosebridge is a common problem with these?
Depends. If you take care of them the flex coupler shouldn't loosen that much but if you're pretty rough with them they can loosen. It's fixable though. Just have to send them in to Oakley for a tune up but it does cost $70+/-.

I've had mine for 7 years and while the flex coupler moves it's not nearly as bad as some that I've seen where the frame can pretty much be pretzeled.

Back