• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help! Sunglasses broken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rem

Oakley Beginner
A friend of mine owns a pair of oakley sunglasses (flak xlj, I believe) and occasionally lets me borrow them. I didn't realize they were in my pocket before I took a seat and the tension of being in my pocket lead to what happened in the attached media. How can I fix this? I tried boiling it to get it soft enough to stick a needle and connect the two but it never seems to melt. I've seen methods like using Acetone on some sunglasses. Will it work on these? I feel really bad and don't want to even have to show them this!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-14-23-13-16.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-14-23-13-16.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 468
Welcome to the forum.

I would say you should just bite the bullet and buy your buddy a nice brand new pair. And never borrow his again.
If I had the money to do that, I would, but these sunglasses are rather pricy, though they seem worth it if you can afford them. I, however cannot purchase them in a timely manner.

If I had the money to do that, I would, but these sunglasses are rather pricy, though they seem worth it if you can afford them. I, however cannot purchase them in a timely manner.
Get in touch with Oakley Warranty directly and see how you can buy a new frame ... Usually it's the lenses that are costly ...

O matter frames aren't repair friendly ... There's no real way you'd be able to properly repair those frames ...

Warranty won't cover that, looks like you should just bite the bullet on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back