• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help verify goggle model?

narplife

Oakley Collector
/b/
I found some goggles that I think are Crowbar model, but confused on the strap and the lenses of them... Because I've never seen a pair which didn't have the 'O' logo on them - these are completely black? Was that something they offered in the custom program?
Also they show the lenses in two different frames (they're not selling the bottoms) which is kind of confusing... apparently they didn't have a photo of them wearing them when in the black frame but wanted to show how the lenses look like in use. They said it's a special edition fire lens, but I had fire iridium in the past and it was darker close up.... I'm skeptical if the lenses are actually Oakley, an not just some aftermarket junk. Any info on what they are would be cool.

250451-1.jpg

An I saved these photo a while ago and never got around to figuring out what models they were. The seller said they were prototype goggles in elephant leather print, they had a 3rd one which was black n white but I forgot to save it. I couldn't find any elephant print goggles, an I'd never come heard of there being prototypes when it comes to goggles only sunnies. Any help would be appreciated!

goggles-013.jpg
goggles-014.jpg

Steve's info is all on point.

To go more in depth though... The first two are SPLICE models from the 2NINE75 series - believe it was a Snowboard company (?), oakley did a collab with. They also did the same colorway on some Pro Frames.
Oakley Splice 57-075 Goggles - Free Shipping | Shade Station

The other pairs are CROWBARS. If you look closely you can see there’s an ‘O’ in the strap, it was likely dyed all black for that maximum murdered out look - it’s a popular fad among park skiiers. While the lenses are a toss up between Fire Iridium Polarized or Ruby Clear Iridium.

The pair in the bottom photos are the Danny Kass 2.0 frames (but with white riggers swapped out for Lava colored ones) which were offered with Fire Iridium Polarized lens option. The FIP lenses don’t have the same FOV as the regular Fire, rather it’s like a blue clear color similar to what you expect for Ruby Ird sunglasses lenses. However in the top photo they look a bit too clear - not only in tint darkness but in FOV coloring, the FIP as mentioned are blue-ish and in a close up like that the iridium should be more vibrant/mirrored due to the lenses having a lower VLT or 14% which also makes for the blue-ish FOV to be more pronounced (think like the color of windex) rather than clear like you see in that photo.

Because the blue-ish FOV isn’t as pronounced except in the very bottom of the lenses, makes me think it’s more likely Ruby Clear Iridium. Which also have blue FOV but with significantly higher VLT of 92% it would appear much more of a clear lens. The blue-ish FOV is much more subtle when looking at it from the outside.

If it turns out to be Ruby Clear Iridium I’d grab them for the hell of having them. As the tint was a Japan exclusive tint - assuming the frame was originally sold with the lenses it’ll be a J-Fit frame which has a bit of extra foam by the nose area. I’d ask for a photo of the backside of the frame’s foam to verify that. The lense was rare AF back when the crowbar debuted due to being exclusive to Japan, you pretty much had to either know a rep or pro athlete or know someone who knew the right people which was how I obtained one. The company ZERO makes a similar knock-off, you can tell them apart by comparing the vent cut-outs in the top of the Crowbar lenses to another OEM lense where as the ZERO version the cut-outs have more rounded contour and not quite the same as OEM - additionally the fit on the ZERO's is off and don't fit quite like they should.

TLDR; Link to what Splice goggles those are from a collab series with 2NINE75. Crowbars are legit, they've had the strap dyed black common mod by skiers from newschoolers - lenses are either fire iridium polarized or ruby clear ird, if you can ask the seller if it has polarized etched on the bottom edge of the lenses you'll know for sure, as there's not really any other lens out there that's similar to those two....

Last edited:
Back