• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help with a Frogskin model

happyXwearer

Oakley Beginner
Wow, seeing this thread brings back college days. I could barely afford this back then so I saved a lot to get a frogskin that I've beeing eyeing for like 2 years (luckily no one ever bought it even though it was in the front store display). But I didn't know what model it was at that time and it was sold in Asia (bought it in like 1995 or so).

So if anyone can help me with the model name, here's what I remember it: The frame is translucent with a hint of bluish tint, sprinkled, and lens of mirrored light blue. If I can get the model name, maybe I can search for it again. Thanks.

If it was in 95 it would have to had been a gen 2. The only one I can think of that was sorta wild gen 2 wise was the black rain but it wasn't translucent. Are u sure it was 95? I'm probably guessing wrong but it also had pos red lenses.

This is not my photo but I do still have one.
Screenshot_20221006_061035.jpg

If it was in 95 it would have to had been a gen 2. The only one I can think of that was sorta wild gen 2 wise was the black rain but it wasn't translucent. Are u sure it was 95? I'm probably guessing wrong but it also had pos red lenses.

This is not my photo but I do still have one.View attachment 1000928
Thanks. Probably earlier as it sat there for years, maybe gen 1. I bought it in 95 I guess.

Well, I give up. Web search didn't help and maybe my Bing-fu is weak. This is the closest that I could remember but not this lens, mine was mirrored.

SDC16550.JPG

Well, I give up. Web search didn't help and maybe my Bing-fu is weak. This is the closest that I could remember but not this lens, mine was mirrored.

View attachment 1002845
The reflectivity of the mirror can act at times as if transparent, dependent on the lighting, at times. It does say Violet Iridium on the end of box, so I'd assume it's just as I described above. Grey was the only non-Iridium lens available for Frogskin Gen 2s.

Back