• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help With Dimensions Of M-Frame Strike & Hybrid Lens

Isaac

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys, sorry to make another thread so soon. Looking for some help to make the right choice of lens here for a pair of M-Frames that I want to buy...well yesterday.

I'll be mounting an Rx Insert behind the Lens of which the longest vertical dimension is 1.5 inches.

Can anyone help me with the dimensions i.e. vertical height of the Strike & Hybrid Lens so I know which one will have the Rx Carrier sticking out from the bottom of the lens?

Basically I'm looking for 2 vertical dimensions:
1) The longest vertical dimension of the lens i.e. where the nose bridge curves off at the bottom to give way to the lens itself
2) The vertical dimension of the middle of the lens on one side (of each lens)

Thanks a million and appreciate the help!

Could you ever purchase a pair of m-frames with each of these lenses and then return the one you don't like? I like m-frames, but I have always thought they are hard to try fitting based on measurements, plus if you are putting expensive prescriptions in them that might be a better option. Just a thought.

I would love to go to a store to try them out. unfortunately there is no store around my area that carries Oakley M-frames and the like. Also unfortunately, Oakley doesn't do refunds o "customs" which is what I must buy if I want something other than Black Iridium M-Frames.

I just need the dimensions so I can tell how my Prescription Carrier will fit behind and if it will be protruding out from the bottom when seen from the front on the hybrid lens vs the strike (it should be fine on the strike but I'm leaning to the hybrid lenses)

Thanks for the help in advance!

Yeah, just go on Oakley.com and purchase two non-customized pair of m-frames with the two lenses in question. Then try them both on to see which one fits better. Then send the other one back, and use the first one as a guide for your prescription inserts. As long as you don't use the pair with the lenses you like, you can return that pair as well and then your guide will be perfect and you can purchase whatever customized options you want.

Back