• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help with First Oakley Purchase

Karate Rick

Oakley Beginner
I'm looking to buy my first pair of Oakley's, but find it confusing to navigate all of the models and various options.
I was drawn to the style of the Batwolf and Fuel Cell, but the Batwolfs are too big and blocky for my face.
I looked good in the Fuel Cell and probably better in the Turbine Rotor, Turbine, and Straightback.
I'm curious as to opinions on those models, in particular, quality and durability.
I'm also only interested in Polarized lenses.

I'm also on a budget and shopping on ebay as well as outlet stores, but very leery of fakes. Any help in protecting myself in my shopping would be helpful. Some decent deals from Ebay sellers who have 100% feedback, but still, I don't know enough about Oakley's to spot a fake.

Thanks,

Rick

Last edited:
I'm looking to buy my first pair of Oakley's, but find it confusing to navigate all of the models and various options.
I was drawn to the style of the Batwolf and Fuel Cell, but the Batwolfs are too big and blocky for my face.
I looked good in the Fuel Cell and probably better in the Turbine Rotor, Turbine, and Straightback.
I'm curious as to opinions on those models, in particular, quality and durability.

I'm also on a budget and shopping on ebay as well as outlet stores, but very leery of fakes. Any help in protecting myself in my shopping would be helpful. Some decent deals from Ebay sellers who have 100% feedback, but still, I don't know enough about Oakley's to spot a fake.

Thanks,

Rick

Welcome Ricky. Just post a pic or link to the ad here before you buy and we will help you snuff out the fakes.

Back