• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help With Jury Rubber Sleeves

It's mostly done with a bench buffer a Dremel with mini buffer attachments and different rouges and polishes. There is 2 layers of coating then the raw aluminum....

So you basically need to sand through the paint/primer layers and then polish up the base metal and add a protectant? What grits did you use to burn through the topcoats? I'm assuming I can do this with sandpaper at first, then wet sand, and then polishing wheels?

So you basically need to sand through the paint/primer layers and then polish up the base metal and add a protectant? What grits did you use to burn through the topcoats? I'm assuming I can do this with sandpaper at first, then wet sand, and then polishing wheels?

No sandpaper or grit paper at all.... You will not need it. It's all done with different buffers and cutting rouges.... Sanding will create more work and probably ruin the frame....

No sandpaper or grit paper at all.... You will not need it. It's all done with different buffers and cutting rouges.... Sanding will create more work and probably ruin the frame....

Well that's disappointing. Sanding would cut down on the amount of time it took to complete the project...but I guess it takes time to get these things looking so sweet.

Back