• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help With Lens ColorS- Match My Frame!

I'm not sure if 6pm still has that sale, but there were a few polarized options like a month ago for $55. Did you get bored with the Gold Iridium? haha

I'm not sure if 6pm still has that sale, but there were a few polarized options like a month ago for $55. Did you get bored with the Gold Iridium? haha

no.. I really like them! but they have a big scratch in the middle of the right eye that affects vision (big blurry spot), which the seller (on here of all places.. zz) didnt mention.. =( he said there were a few marks that didnt affect vision.. NOT TRUE.

if someone has the gold iridium lenses for sale im also keen on them..

There is an eBay user by the name of shade_sport that has hugely discounted shades due to a tiny little pinpoint scratch on the lens or something of that sort. Have bought a ton of glasses from him, and have never been disappointed. Reason I bring this up is because he has a ton of Half Jacket's on right now, all polarized around $65-$75. I can link you via PM if you're interested.

There is an eBay user by the name of shade_sport that has hugely discounted shades due to a tiny little pinpoint scratch on the lens or something of that sort. Have bought a ton of glasses from him, and have never been disappointed. Reason I bring this up is because he has a ton of Half Jacket's on right now, all polarized around $65-$75. I can link you via PM if you're interested.

yeah pm me so i can check it out, but then what am i gonna do with the frames i got? haha

Can't go wrong with two frames :). Hell, if it's cheaper getting a whole brand new set, might as well? Haha

Edit: Pmd. Hope this helps you!

That sucks. Who here sold you that pair? I hope he gave you some of your money back for you to keep those.
it was snumfalzumpa. dont get me wrong, he was really, really good with the transaction, and to be fair he did mention the lenses had scratches and dings but "nothing in the line of sight". That bit isnt true.. two deep dings right in the middle of the right field of view. I saw the dings at first but didnt worry as he said it wasnt in line of sight. tried it on one day, it was just big blurry spots.. ugh. they were gonna be a beater pair for my sports anyway, so i wasnt fussed with the surface scratches etc which he did tell me about. but when it affects vision.. just defeats the purpose.. sale thread is here.. http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-s...fs-half-jacket-xlj-rootbeer-gold-iridium.html

Ive tried contacting him via pm once but to no avail.. will try again. Im happy to keep it as im overall happy with them, just want some comp for at least the one lens that dont work as they should.

edit: He's responded and hopefully it works out. Very helpful guy, dont blacklist him or anything. Was my mistake assuming that people had same line-of-sight through sunglasses..

I never trust those who say scratches are not in the line of sight. No two person's vision is the same. In your case, i bet it's not in his line of sight, but obviously in yours. So i guess in this case, you can't really blame him.

I have a pair of beater Quiksilver glasses that i use as safety glasses (weed whacker shades :lol: ). There's a ding right in my line of sight and if i wear them too long, i get headaches. My wife will put them on and she can see perfectly fine. No trace of dings according to her.

Titanium is a beautiful lens. Same with Tungsten. You know, you could always pick up those OO Black Iridium!

Back