• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help With My Romeo 1 Screws (photos)

• Thread starter Deleted member 9613
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9613

Hi friends, I bought romeo 1 but with 1 problem: the screws.
I need ideas to extract 2 worn screws (see photos) is totally orbed and I can,t extract with any tool, its impossible.

15cae72ff803f98a230c4bec41969c23o.jpg

Please friends I need help. thanks a lot.

Phone an optometrist shop and ask if they have an extraction bit that small or if they could drill the screw out and retap it. Or even a tiny cold chisel and tap it in far enough so you can turn the screw with the chisel with say vise grips and downward pressure somehow on the chisel. You need some tiny tools though ! :)
It's the only thing I can think of offhand.

I would take kronin323's advice here. A re-tap will open up a can of worms better left alone.

The micro-grabit's faster and easier, if you follow their instructions.

[EDIT - this post is in response to nightpusher1's comment below; they got out of order during technical difficulties]

Last edited:
You dont need to retap, you need a very small drill bit,as hard and sharp as you can buy,then drill the head off whilst holding under a running tap so as not to heat the frame up too much,when the head is off the torque on the threads is released and you can normally remove by hand or a worst pliers.It is not hard to do .

Many here go old-school and drill them out but I use these to extract:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Q60UOO/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hmmm, for some reason the link in my earlier post is now going to a different vendor site; I had linked to amazon. It's the same product, though a little more expensive.

I have no vested interest in who buys which product from where, but I've never seen this happen before; did the mods do it or did something else happen?

[EDIT - seems to be fixed, now shows my original link]

(EDIT2 - Now it's back to the different link again...]

Last edited:
Hmmm, for some reason the link in my earlier post is now going to a different vendor site; I had linked to amazon. It's the same product, though a little more expensive.

I have no vested interest in who buys which product from where, but I've never seen this happen before; did the mods do it or did something else happen?
I noticed that, too. I was getting some weird javascript errors earlier, and I noticed some other people having the same problem. Seems there were lots of double posts and such as a result. Could have been related to that somehow???

I noticed that, too. I was getting some weird javascript errors earlier, and I noticed some other people having the same problem. Seems there were lots of double posts and such as a result. Could have been related to that somehow???

I'm getting the errors, too - when you post you get an error but it actually posted if you reload the page. But I don't think that has to do with getting a different link.

Another funny thing is when I replied to my earlier post, it had my original link in the quote, not the new one.

I think this needs to go to the forum help section...
:focus:

Members of the forum we have a glitch in the matrix. Please stand by why the problem is reviewed and taken care of. In the mean time please enjoy the music. Thank you

Back