• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help with Square Wires please

Mooshykins

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,

I've just joined up to this Forum as i'd really appreciate some advice with Square Wires.

I've got to that age where I need to buy some prescription Sunglasses, and as Oakley lenses are so expensive, i want to make sure i'm doing it right.

I have a pair of Square Wires OO4075-06 that i love, the size, shape and fit. The only thing i don't like is the lack of spring system on arms. My day to day glasses are Oakley Fuller OX3227-0355, with the spring back arms for a comfy fit.

My perfect pair of sunglasses would be the exact size & shape of the square wires I own, with the spring arms. Does anyone know if this exists? I know there are several versions and generations of the Square Wire, i'm not sure if they are all the same size and shape tho.

Thanks for your time

Sam

Welcome to the site!
The Big Square Wire has a similarly sized orbital, and a spring hinge. I don’t know if it’s Rx able...
It has been out of production for(14?) years, and May be somewhat difficult to find, likely needing restoration even then.
25838260605_f39c0098d4.jpg

Hi All, to update on this. I bought a new pair of Square Wires online from RX Sport. With Prizm Tungsten Polarised prescription lenses.. the best £350 i've ever spent. It's my first pair of prescription sunglasses and they have changed my life. No more headaches from squinting so much with my old sunglasses. I forget i'm even wearing them now, inside and outside. Absolutely brilliant, thanks for everyone's help.

Back