• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Here comes R2

Min Zaw Nyan

Oakley Enthusiast
Australia
New without box and coin. Comes with Hard case and soft pouch. Polished/Ti which I love most.

Converted (114).jpg

Converted (109).jpg

Converted (110).jpg

Converted (111).jpg

Converted (112).jpg

Converted (113).jpg

Great pic there. I don't get why these don't get mentioned more often

qB,

I like the R2 also. Didn't think I would until I tried them on. My estimation on why you don't see more posts and love for the R2 is a few;

1. Very limited lens options. Not a lot of custom cutters cut R2 lenses so basically you are limited to OEM lenses only.

2. Almost non-existant replacement parts. Take the R2 apart for a cleaning and if you lose any of the small items holding the lenses in, you have a one lens set of Oakleys. I dont believe Oakley ever provided replacement pieces for the R2 poeces that hold the lenses in and as far as I know, there is no aftermarket providers for these either.

But, I still love 'em.

Congrats MZN on the R2!

qB,

I like the R2 also. Didn't think I would until I tried them on. My estimation on why you don't see more posts and love for the R2 is a few;

1. Very limited lens options. Not a lot of custom cutters cut R2 lenses so basically you are limited to OEM lenses only.

2. Almost non-existant replacement parts. Take the R2 apart for a cleaning and if you lose any of the small items holding the lenses in, you have a one lens set of Oakleys. I dont believe Oakley ever provided replacement pieces for the R2 poeces that hold the lenses in and as far as I know, there is no aftermarket providers for these either.

But, I still love 'em.

Congrats MZN on the R2!

Ahhh, gotcha