• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Here's the new x metal

A way of speaking that it is an opinion (yours) that the old x metals are ugly and extravagant? Or did someone take a poll and found that 99 people out of a hundred think that the original x metals are ugly and extravagant?
I'd agree that some aspects of the original x metals are somewhat extravagant as the lines are striking and quite fashionable- I would agree that 99% of people would make that statement.
I would not agree that 99% of any group of people would say that the original x metals are ugly. Maybe you meant that 98% of people think that old x metals are extravagant and 1.99 think that they are ugly so 99.9% of people think that they are extravagant OR ugly.
I would agree with that statement. :)

Thanks for correct my words! But too many people have said me "what ugly sunglasses" when i was wearing my polished penny... Long life to xmetals!

Does anyone have any proof that Luxottica has anything to do with the design and release of the Madman and Badman?
I was going to get all crotchety and go on a rant about people speaking in truth on matters without any factual basis... but I don't have the energy today.

For all we know Colin Baden calls over to Italy once a month, says "Yup, makin it rain" and they just repond "Keep on keepin on, y'all" and Oakley goes about its business.

We don't have Jim Jannard at the helm. We don't have the same people behind the pens doing designs. To think the company would roll on like it's 1997 is foolish.

Thanks for correct my words! But too many people have said me "what ugly sunglasses" when i was wearing my polished penny... Long life to xmetals!
Amazing that someone would say that about a polished penny. I sure hope that nobody thought that yesterday when I wore mine to my grandmother's funeral!
Actually the polished penny was exactly the style and colorway that I thought of when using the term "extravagant". Ugly would have been the furthest.

I love sober looks and for that i like subdued frames. Covert collection is very good for me. I don't like atractting attention when i'm wearing a pair of glasses but i want to use the best possible lenses and all members of this forum know what is the best brand. Oakley!! For that i want to try badmans dark carbon with prizm daily...

Back