• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Here's the new x metal

I meant more in terms of design language rather than material. Most of us don't know what how it'll fit on the face just yet, but I thought there would be more excitement for a classical crazy Oakley design that most wouldn't be caught dead wearing ala the OTT, Medusa.

I think the Badman look very nice if you zoom in and look at them close up. A lot of detail and engineering looks to have gone into them in a good way. On the other hand the Madman look no where near as good. It's all subjective though ain't it

Why do we think there's plastic in these?
We don't :)

Some have suggested these 'look' like plastic. Maybe, maybe not. There will likely be some but how much? Will it be too much to offset the 'metal'? While there is some possibility of this there is no way to know until we know - you know?

It really does look like the entire middle bridge (and part of the arms/ear stem) is rubber/flex material of some sort. While that might be a great design for wearability and comfort I hope it does not overpower the metal.

Besides, those are just pictures!

For whatever my opinion is worth... I would say that I know an X-metal when I see one and NONE of those are an x-metal... @MJLSr and @Dallas O Hog both of you know x-metals, do you guys REALLY think this is even close to being an x-metal (ie. romeo, penny, xx, juliet etc) if so...Then I got out of the oakley game at the right time

Last edited:
Oh my, :lol: that's the ****test looking pair of glasses I think I've ever seen. Epic fail Oakley, just epic.

£400.00 on Shadestation UK, keeps getting better. :taunt:

Back