• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Here's the new x metal

If y'all read the "Questions for Jim" sticky, he said they used a design philosophy he called "SLOGGING" and described it as "spayed and logically offset geometry", without elaborating further. It was used from the early '90s at least through the PB, which was the last frame he had input on, and x-metals are supposed to really show it.

From the look of things, slogging is dead. Doesn't mean these new frames are bad, just different.

Too early to call one way or another for me. I will have to see them first before I make a decision on them. As for the pics of them, they look like the stock Oakley pics and you can never be sure if that is what it will really look like. I'm not so sure there is any O-Matter in them or it is just a bad picture of them.

Guess I will try them on when they become available. That huge space above the nose bridge on the madman just screams, "I am for show, not actual protection from the sun!" to me, though. The badman is a little better, but still has an unnecessary gap. We will see.

Back