• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Here's the update bros...

hearno

Oakley Collector
Ok, it's a long story but I'll try to tell it chronologically. As most of you are aware, I was shorted a pair of Pit boss I purchased thru the forum. After repeated emails, I got nothing. I filed the dispute with paypal and despite my having gifted the money to the seller - they stepped up to cover the loss. I hadn't heard back from him in a day but I remembered him telling me the glasses were for up for sale on his local CL too. I searched CL in his area and found the ad. I used an anonymous craigslist only gmail account I have to email the seller via CL's anonymous posting email address and within 7 minutes had a response from him saying THE GLASSES WERE STILL FOR SALE. I then asked him if he was able to meet up that night and offered him $400 cash, which he accepted. He supplied a phone number and a vehicle description and we agreed upon a local place to meet. He lives in LA County Ca. I live in Va.... How could Hearno possible get there in time???? I didn't, I called the local police department and had them meet him there. True to his word he showed up right around 2100 last night. The officers I talked to were able to make contact with him sitting in his car just as he described. He even had the glasses with him and was apparently reading a bible when they approached him. He gave them some story about having multiple pairs and our deal being a misunderstanding etc blah blah blah. That's fine but clearly our agreement was pertaining to the glasses he told me were posted here and on cl simultaneously which is what he brought with him last night. That's weird because his friend was supposed to have mistakenly shipped them to someone else. In their state it's a misdemeanor offense, in my state, it's a felony due to the amount of money involved. I had an officer respond to my house last night and obtained a police report that will be forwarded to our detective bureau for follow up. The main goal of last night was to obtain his correct personal information so if warrants are secured in my jurisdiction, they will be for the correct person with a name DOB and address etc. That was accomplished. I emailed him one last time a few minutes ago and told him to come clean and that if he shipped the glasses, I'd still pay for them. Only after they arrive of course. In the end, I will be getting my money back once I send the b.s. package he sent me back to him and he might be facing felony charges in Virginia. There are a few details I left out on purpose because it is an active criminal investigation. I wanted to share the meat of the story with you all tho. Thanks for your support so far.

Wow. I think if I called the police here in the UK with a similar situation they'd tell me to sort it out myself.

Hopefully the Boss has now banned this guy from the forum and, if not, I'm sure he will very soon.

Back