• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Here's the update bros...

I love when when people get back At scammers like this. It's awesome that the Ca PD was cool about the whole thing too. Good luck with the rest of the ordeal

That's awesome man! I have a pair of pit bosses and I can tell you if you can get them you will not be upset! Good luck bro.

Fantastic news hearno. Fingers crossed that he gets charged. Like other said in you first thread about this what gos around comes around. He picked on the wrong guy & now should face justic. Hope you are able to let us know how it progresses now.

Well I guess it just goes to prove that nothing is foolproof or guaranteed. I'm glad that you went the extra mile and were able to utilize your resources to uncover the entire situation, kudos to you man. As for rjoaquin75, I was really hoping that it was all a mistake and that he would've owned up and fixed it right away, too bad for him. It's a shame you had to go through all this. Best of luck to you hearno, hope this all has a happy ending for you.

I'm thinking the Mods should powwow and consider ammending the forum exchange rules, again.
- First off, the 10 post minimum before you can exchange is too low, IMHO. This should be higher, enough so that the new member has to be willing to invest some time on the boards before trying to sell/trade/buy anything. Maybe something like 100 posts, to further discourage anyone new from posting BS one liner comments just to build up their post count quicker.
- Second, maybe there should be a requirement made for both parties when selling/buying/trading, which makes it imperative for each party to post the final details of their transaction on the original thread or in a deal thread. This way, all information is posted publicly and will hopefully further discourage any scams or bad intent. PM's for personal info would still be the norm.
- And third, all members wishing to participate in the Exchange, should be required to have an eBay AND PayPal account. Transactions on the boards should utilize either/both and pay the fees accordingly, for all of our safeties and peace of mind. Anyone without BOTH accounts shouldn't be allowed to sell/buy or trade on the boards. I understand that this may be hard to enforce, but after all the recent incidents it may be a step in the right direction. I also know that Boss has a suggested rule of thumb posted in the Exchange sticky about using eBay and PayPal to finalize a transaction.

We consider ourselves a family here on the boards, but sometimes even family will make mistakes, try to pull a fast one or even screw you. Be responsible, watch out for yourselves and help others whenever possible, and the "family" will only get stronger. Aloha!!!

I would agree with Qtrain. Not using the gift option will solve alot of problems. As for the post count it I feel it should be higher. A new person can be in the exchange section with in one hour easily. Plenty of time I have seen people requesting new people to stop getting post counts in their threads. Tends to muck it up. I personally have bought quite a few items from the board members already and everything worked well. Save your self the trouble and not use gift. You are covered through PP. Might take some time but your money will come back.

Great job with the police. Finally a blow to the scumbags.

Back