• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

HERITAGE FROGSKINS....THE MYSTERY PAIRS.

Romeo Van Frogskinstein

I should Work at Oakley
England
We are all aware of the following, normal production releases as part of the Heritage series:

Black - Fire 24-418 Heritage, lens etched, specific microbag, sticker, pin, large white box
Heritage Red - Fire OO9013-34 Heritage, lens etched, specific microbag, sticker, pin, large white box
Matte Clear - Violet 24-419 Heritage, lens etched, specific microbag, sticker, pin, large white box
Polished Blue - Ice OO9013-36 Heritage, lens etched, specific microbag, sticker, pin, large white box
Polished White - Violet OO9013-35 Heritage, lens etched, specific microbag, sticker, pin, large white box
Seafoam - Grey 24-417 Heritage, lens etched, specific microbag, sticker, pin, large white box

There are however three other Frogskins with part codes where information about them seems all but non existent, namely:-

Red - Fire OO9013-06
White - Violet OO9013-07
Blue - Ice OO9013-08

I have entered these pieces in two threads I made which are 'Frogskins OO9013 Sku Series, A Complete List', and 'The Frogskins That Don't Exist...Or Do They?'. No information has resulted from these threads either directly or from any personal correspondence, nor have I found anything from internet searches or from Oakley. Until now. I have just acquired a pair of OO9013-07, which has the standard Heritage lens etching, the sku on the inside of the left arm along with the letters NPI (can anyone confirm what NPI means??). There is no box or contents. The Polished White with Violet icons and etched '30' lenses confirm this to be a Heritage pair, which suggests 06 and 08 must be likewise as they are the same frame/lens combinations as the regular releases and within a 6,7,8 sequence. So, we now know 07 exists, which has prompted making a more specific thread in the hope of drawing information about these three mystery pairs, so, the questions are....have you seen any?, got any?, do they have boxes (with/without labels) and if so are they regular black or white or the Heritage large?, do they have the contents of the normal pairs?, do 06 and 08 actually exist at all and if so why the apparent elusiveness compared to their plentiful counterparts?

I have a few pairs in my collection I know 100% have that NPI as well as a couple brooks.. when I get home from work I'll source them out from my cabinet. I'd also like to know what this NPI stands for. Interesting Ash..

I'll have an idea of someone who might know.

1472059090122-312039454.jpg
I know by looking on my phone I have pictures of one of my masterminds that didn't come with a box. The seller told me it was a sample pair before production. How true that is I have no idea but I've gotten some fairly rare pairs from him in the past. He also worked for Oakley at one time. I sent him an email regarding this NPI... he told me he remembered it meaning NON PRODUCTION INVENTORY... who knows if he's correct but that would mean it's stuff that didn't make it out because of that pair being a pre production sample or defective merchandise. Not production intended. Lol I'm just guessing now. Please let us know what you dig up.

Regards
Brian

I was told NPI stands for New Product Introduction. I see pairs with those initials fairly frequently just before they launch. The last time was with the Turbine Rotor before they were taken out and shown to the dealers. I think it is like the sales sample but used exclusively for internal introductions and training.

Sorry to hijack this thread. Recently acquired the Seafoam and polished blue from a seller on eBay. Do the heritage series says made in USA on the stems? I remember I seen it somewhere but I could be wrong.