• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hey All, X Metal fan from the UK

Holomatrix

Oakley Beginner
Hey all,
I'm new here, based in South Wales in the UK. Onto my 6th pair of X Metal Juliets (previous 5 were stolen over the years, yes, unfortunately I had to learn a lot of lessons growing up, remember kids some people don't like your toys), currently owning a pair of XX 24k's.

On the hopeful lookout for a pair of Gen 1/Gen 2 Juliet Polarized like my first ever pair, as well as hopefully a set of Penny's, as well as some vaults, one day I'm sure. Otherwise I was hoping for a pair of Oakley Flesh shoes and a watch, I had 2 pairs eventually, one in sand & one in black.

Need some repin repair done on my 24ks, possibly a refinish, new rubbers & a lens replacement as unfortunately they're currently in hell of a state since one of the middle pins came out (I'm actually embarrassed by the state of them, they're shocking, they need a FULL rebuild).
Before I found this place, I even phoned Oakley UK for any advice on any form of service, they were great to offer 3rd party suggestions & were happy to hear of my feelings of the X Metal range & Mad Scientist era in comparison to what they bring out now, of which I had some agreement on the call, but in the long term I can appreciate they've gone End of Life.
I do admit, I'm not personally a fan of the style Oakley has now become, preferred the era of X Metal & Square Wire 2.0s/Ewires, and when their clothing range were some of the best, if you could ever find it.

Just thought I'd say hello.

Cheers
Andrew

20210520_003220.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Andrew,

I am in the same boat!. I stumbled across this forum while doing homework on my (soon to be) first pair of prescription sunglasses.

I have had a well loved pair of Penny's since '06/'07 but haven't been able to wear them for the past few years. The bridge is wobbly on one side and my lenses are lightly scratched I didn't know what to do with them and was considering selling (as I was aware I couldn't get them serviced through Oakley) until I found this Forum!.

No idea yet if it is possible to get prescriptions cut to fit them but @NuttyOAK13Y sounds like someone I definitely need to contact when I can!, at the very least it will be great to give them a refurb for the years of hard service they have put in for me :lol:

Let us know how you get on as it would be great to see how they look all freshened up.

Latest Posts

Back