• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hey All!

TheHijinx

Oakley Beginner
My regional trainer recommended i sign up so here i am!

I work in Sunglass Hut + David Clulow dealing primarily with Oakley, acting as a spokesman/trainer for my area. Been buying their merchandise for years, favorites at the moment include my Enduro bag, couple jackets and the Trillbe X + Carbon Shifts. Happy to see a lot of the models being given the Prizm treatment.

I'm not the only one who watches a tv show/movie, spot a pair of Oakley and have to find out what they are?

David Clulow? You must be UK based...?

I also understand that they are owned by Luxotica - is that correct?

What is your first hand experience of Lux? The general opinion on here is that they have taken away Oakleys mojo from the pre Lux days.

It would be great to hear your take. Welcome to the forum, btw

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You're correct! Luxottica bought out David Clulow which is a UK based Optical Retailer/Opticians that sell a smaller range of Sunglasses. They have concessions in most UK department stores that well.. work in reverse and basically is Sunglass Hut in all but name. Currently in Birmingham, have 3 concessions and one Sunglass Hut, on each corner in the city. In regards to quality, there is a valid argument to be made but obviously i can't really go too much in to it. Oakley have pretty much been left to their own devices. In the UK we currently don't have much contact with them directly, as the guy we had in place to keep an open line had either left or moved to a different department (for all i know) so it's vacant. We receive regular shipments from Italy but the last model we got in retail was the Gauge 8. There are new versions of the Flak that Sunglass Hut have for example but David Clulow/Concessions haven't had for months. I assume Luxottica's operations in the US are vastly different so it's usually a long waiting game for any plans to actually reach us over here.

My experience with Lux has been positive which will vary with every employee here. Incentives have been ideal, a hell of a lot better than in 2016 and being paid to travel around to different Oakley Vaults is always a bonus. It's everything i could have wished for.

Welcome to the forum

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks for signing up, welcome to yet another damned Limey in here....Jesus, are you guys incentivized by the crown for polluting this forum?!?!

Just playing! :whistle:

Seriously, welcome to the community, thank you for your take on Lux..."The Evil Empire"!
Make yourself at home and participate!

Latest Posts

Back