• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hey everyone.

Hey y'all my name is JP. I'm a student athlete at Messiah College and will be going into my sophomore year of college. I originally started as a biochemistry major in hopes of becoming an orthopedic surgeon but I recently decided to change to physical therapy! I own a few pairs of Oakley sunglasses and am hoping to buy a pair here soon with my next paycheck from lifeguarding! If there are any suggestions as to what lenses/frames I should try out specifically for lifeguarding (or just all around lenses/frames) let me know and I'll check it out. Any questions y'all have for me, ask away! Hope everyone is doing well and wishing everyone a wonderful rest of the week.

Last edited:
Hey y'all my name is JP. I'm a student athlete at Messiah College and will be going into my sophomore year of college. I originally started as a biochemistry major in hopes of becoming an orthopedic surgeon but I recently decided to change to physical therapy! I own a few pairs of Oakley sunglasses and am hoping to buy a pair here soon with my next paycheck from lifeguarding! If there are any suggestions as to what lenses/frames I should try out specifically for lifeguarding (or just all around lenses/frames) let me know and I'll check it out. Any questions y'all have for me, ask away! Hope everyone is doing well and wishing everyone a wonderful rest of the week.
Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum, for life guarding and every day wear I would suggest a frame like the flak, or radar ev/lock. Great unobtainium grips good assortment of color ways, available in all prizm lenses I believe (or most all) and very easy lense changing for every day use and etc. hope this helps

HOLY DOGSH!T !!! ANOTHER HARRISBURGER!!!

Welcome, jp!!!! Welcome to the community...been a while since I've seen a fellow East Shore guy in here! (or gal, for that matter)!

My lifeguard frame suggestion for you would be a sport frame that will stay on in the heat and when wet with sweat or sunscreen or water...Radar, RadarLock, EV Zero, Flak 2.0.

Do a little research and see if you can get some on your face. If you have any trouble doing so, let me know and you can try on mine. ;)

HOLY DOGSH!T !!! ANOTHER HARRISBURGER!!!

Welcome, jp!!!! Welcome to the community...been a while since I've seen a fellow East Shore guy in here! (or gal, for that matter)!

My lifeguard frame suggestion for you would be a sport frame that will stay on in the heat and when wet with sweat or sunscreen or water...Radar, RadarLock, EV Zero, Flak 2.0.

Do a little research and see if you can get some on your face. If you have any trouble doing so, let me know and you can try on mine. ;)

Nice to see that you're a Harrisburg local! And yeah I have a pair of Radar and two pairs of Radar EV that work great! That's what I'm thinking of getting again but I've looked into some Jaw Breakers. I just don't know what they'd feel/look like on my face! Thank you for your recommendation! I'll definitely keep those in mind.

I've got several pair of jawbreakers and like them. I can't do any serious training rides in them though, I can't have a frame on the lower orbital because sweat pools and gets in my eyes and on the lenses.
I just wear them for casual stuff.

Welcome to the forum, for life guarding and every day wear I would suggest a frame like the flak, or radar ev/lock. Great unobtainium grips good assortment of color ways, available in all prizm lenses I believe (or most all) and very easy lense changing for every day use and etc. hope this helps

Thank you! I've looked into the Prizm lenses a lot and I'm looking into the water specific ones but I'm not sure which to choose. I've seen that some people have said shallow water works well and I've actually also seen people say that deep water works very well for pools. It was their opinion but it's something I'm pondering before I do anything. I guess it's one of those things where I'd have to try and determine which one of the two I prefer.

Back