• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hey, guess this is a little late.

Llohr

Oakley Beginner
So this is the point at the party where I admit that I don't actually know anybody here, I just walked in like I owned the place and started running my mouth.

You'll find, if you haven't already noticed, that I enjoy writing, and that my posts are thus lengthier than may be the norm. I generally feel like I have more to say than can be expressed in a few sentences (especially without the occasional misunderstanding), but don't worry: I'm not laboring under the misapprehension that what I have to say is particularly important nor that anybody cares.

I'm also the kind of guy who is really bothered by the fact that there's an apostrophe in this sub-forum's title, but in circumstances other than an "about me" post I'd keep it to myself.

As far as Oakley stuff goes. I really only like X-Metals. My collection is very small, though it's augmented by the ghosts of several other metals who live on in memory--or some dirty thief's dresser, as the case may be.

tl;dr: Sorry I'm so long winded, I lke X Metal.

Welcome! X metals are a fine taste, there is some great vintage pieces and some that are much more "common" ether way they are all awesome! What is it your currently sitting on?

Like I said, I don't have much of a collection, I'm primarily concerned with making sure I never have to live without metals. Apart from a few juliets I've had stolen over the years (with one pair apparently destroyed a few blocks away; I found... remains...) I'm currently at 2 pairs of juliets, 1 pair of X Squared, 1 Romeo 1, and then a beater Valve 1.0 I found and shaved some old Juliet lenses for. The current metals are all X-Metal finish, and usually sport BI or BIP lenses. Going to try out BI VR28 fairly soon. I stick with what I find the most aesthetically appealing for frames, and what's dark enough without being too flashy for lenses.

I also have 3 pairs of fast jackets on the way from the vault. My plan is to get some of those lenses cut for the R1, and maybe use one of the frames for work. I won't risk metals at work.

Been wearing Juliets since '99, when I discovered that my light-induced migraines were virtually eliminated wearing them, whereas cheap sunnies just slowed them down. The artistry and indestructibility of the X-metal frames ensured that I stuck with those over other Oakleys. They are just beautiful.

Until a year or 3 back, I just bought another pair when one got stolen, and got lenses/rubber as needed. But I had seen someone in an X-Squared and wanted to give that frame a try, and then I found out that X-Metals had been discontinued, so I wanted to stock up on parts. I bought the XS, liked it better than the Juliets, bought some back-up Juliets because the price was right, and then bought the R1 because, I mean, I had to, ya know? No tuneups forever is a good thing. Those have supplanted the XS as my favorites, as the lenses don't touch my eyebrows and thus need MUCH less frequent cleaning.

Oh yeah, I've got a pair of original Racing Jackets I need to offload when I find time to make the thread, and uh, a pair of holdovers, and a belt/buckle (silver ellipse).

As many others have stated before me, joining the forum has prompted me to ramp up on collecting. I'm trying very hard to put it off until it's more financially reasonable, but it constantly feels like my opportunities to pick up certain parts and pairs are slipping away.

Last edited:
As many others have stated before me, joining the forum has prompted me to ramp up on collecting. I'm trying very hard to put it off until it's more financially reasonable, but it constantly feels like my opportunities to pick up certain parts and pairs are slipping away.

Slipping away down a slippery slope, where you will find your wallet constantly letting your credit card "slip" out.

Welcome.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417993220.303778.jpg

I like romeos too. :)

Latest Posts

Back