• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi-five from Vancouver

Yoshida

Oakley Enthusiast
Vancouver, BC
Good morning / afternoon / evening!

What's up everybody?
Man, I've been an Oakley fan for so long, I just don't realize how I never came across this forum before!
I was mostly using O-Review, their website and the occasional chat with Oakley personnel to find info on the products. Now I have another source! Very nice! It's good to be around people with the same disease: O-Addiction hahahahaha

So, my story with Oakley begins in late 90s, I was at the university and one day I decided I needed shades. I went to a store and bought the most expensive I could afford, a Minute Black Iridium. I really liked it, I remember how much I appreciated it, even though at the moment of the purchase I never really knew the Oakley concept. One year later the movie 'X-MEN' came out. I just went crazy when I saw THOSE Juliets. I needed it. So basically my second pair was a Juliet Ruby Iridium, easily one of my most memorable pieces. At this moment I had a Jacket, an X-METAL, so I thought about "why not a Wire this time?", soon I had an A-Wire 2.0 (also Ruby Iridium) in my hands. I developed a feeling for Rubies. I think it was in this moment, in my third pair, that I realized I was to begin a collection.

Fast forward 16 years later. I believe I have an extensive Ruby Iridium Collection, still some pieces missing (my wife will never understand why it never ends HAHAHAHA) but I think I managed to pull off something here. From my first Juliet to the last purchases in the Ferrari and Fallout series, I have some rare pieces like the Fate or Mars Ruby Iridium. And the Over the Top of course. This is a SICK piece in my collection!

I do have some other non-Ruby Iridium pairs - for driving at night, using the computers or wearing at work (I used Radars!!) and some others that I consider part of my collection even though they're not Rubies (e.g. XX 24K or the Romeo 2.0 Fire... yeah I'm a big fan of the X-METAL family!). I have some watches too, that just amaze me!! I wear a lot of Oakley apparel and Oakley boots, but I never considered this part of the collection.

I have a tough mission ahead. There are some big pieces that I didn't find yet to complete my collection, and Oakley doesn't go it easy on me releasing three models yesterday ahahaha (Turbine, Badman and Madman...) but I'm sure I'll make it driving my wife mad in the process hahaha (she says she wouldn't spend so much money on sunglasses or watches ["you only have one pair of eyes or wrists!"] however she understands and agrees on the superior quality of Oakley. I oftentimes buy her Oakley clothing and she does wear it. I love her :D). I'll keep you guys posted on my progress!!

My only regret? I sold my first pair, the old pal Minute Black Iridium. I did trade other non-Rubies models in these 15 years, but the only one I regret doing is this one... even though it went completely eclipsed by the mega-powerful Juliet X-Metal/Ruby Iridium, THAT was my first Oakley pair.

For all that arrived here, thanks for reading, I was really happy I found this community and felt like writing hehe
so have a nice one folks, and we'll see each other in the forum!

Cheers!

welcome to your community - a few members from the o-review are members in our forum as well.
thank you for sharing your story with us . . . we all hope to see some pics soon!

have fun ;)

:welcome: I just relized Ive been to couver almost 20 times in my life but never on a chinese new year! And after reading your intro, Ive realized I dont have a pair of ruby polarized anymore, send a pair to Portland?:car:

Back