• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi from Hungary, EU!

Haga

Oakley Beginner
Hi to all the members from Hungary, EU!

I am in the Oakley business for about 15 years now. I am the fan of Oakley sunglasses since I was a little boy. All in all, Oakley was the first brand of sunglasses I came into contact.
To be honest, I knew about the brand Oakley before Ray Ban or any other else.

I started it around 2000 with a pair of Straight Jackets, then suddenly came few pairs of Minutes, Twentys, a Splice Montoya (I still miss it-maybe it won't be no trendy nowadays, so I could wear it with pride on the streets without making myself a clown).
Then I saw the X-Men movies, the Black Hawk Down, and I knew for sure that the Juliet will be my love of my life.
I got a pair of polished-fire first gen Juliet for about 100 Euros in 2005.

By now it wasn't the best looking Juliet, once I lost it in the Hungarian sea, the Balaton (one of my students find it after 30 minutes of searching underwater), then it fell down from my car's bonnet, so it collected some schratches. I wanted to re-polish few times, but I was unlucky with it. The titan frame just got some craters on it, but it wasn't that mirror-like finish, that some of the polished frames used to be.
I put on sale in august, 2014 and finally I sold it for about 330 Euros few days ago.
Of course now I miss it, and I regret, cause I could simply send it to any of the fellow X-Metal masters for some tuning and it really would be a piece of gold to me, but I thought I might go to ebay and find another one for myself.

So, that's the case with me now.
I am in search for my Juliet of my life. If anybody has got some in the Eu, don't hesitate to get in contact with me:)

Nice to be here with all the good Oakley fans:)

Oh, I almost forgot, let me show you my Juliet, which I just sold few days ago:(

DSC06459.JPG

Oh, really sorry for the big picture, I thought I upload the resized version.

Welcome to the Forum! Im sure you will find another Juliet soon.
I hope so too.
(somehow I still thinking of getting two different kind of Oakleys now from the price of the Juliet. After 10 years, it's time to wear something different:)
But I am quite sure I will end up with a Juliet soon:)

Back