• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi from long time Oakley fan!

Overkill

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Denver, CO
Hi!

I first started wearing Oakleys in the late 80s when I was spending my summers training as a ski racer. I loved that back then they had an unofficial lifetime warranty. Not so much anymore :/ after getting lasik a long time ago my eyes were 20/10 and the first thing I did was go get myself a pair of brand new X-metal Juliets with ruby lenses :) I’ve started wearing glasses again and want to set up a pair of x metals as my glasses, which is why I’m here!

Gerry

Hello and welcome Gerry! I also have been wearing the Oakley brand from the late 80’s. Whenever I wanted a new pair I always gave my old ones to family members.

f
Hello and welcome Gerry! I also have been wearing the Oakley brand from the late 80’s. Whenever I wanted a new pair I always gave my old ones to family members.

ha! I can relate. I would always have 2 sets. one to train in, and one back at Oakley for free repair. it got to the point that I'd just get bored and buy new pairs because I wanted them. its a far cry from today's Oakley, which doesn't even stock replacement parts for the crosslink switch and (I hear) when the rubber wears out people have had to buy new frames...

That is why I joined up here, because my last pair which were a wiretap the hinge broke on it. I still think it is a design flaw. I couldn’t get the fookin’ spring for it. Bastards want me to get something else because the wiretaps are discontinued. Albeit with a 40% discount. I have an old pair of square wires which are still holding up, but those aren’t polarized like my wiretaps were. Still hoping I could get a frame for it or use the polarized lenses in another frame. Next pairs will be polarized though.
Members here have alot of knowledge.

Latest Posts

Back