• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi from New Zealand! 🥰

jaimzthedrummer

Oakley Beginner
Hi team, I live in Auckland NZ and have had Oakleys in my life for about 30 years.

I started with Eye Jackets in 1993 (the Goldy snake-skinny ones. Can't remember the colour name).

Then when I got a job at Sunglass hut in 1999 I went straight to the top and got a pair of black iridium Juliets (which I still have). I have the original lenses, plus genuine fire and ice replacements but, despite good care none have stood the ravages of time.

In 2015 I bought my 3rd pair of Oakleys - Wiretaps with blue lenses. They're really nice glasses but a bit heavy on the nose... and the lenses haven't lasted either. Iridium coating has delaminated just like all my Juliet ones.

The main reason I've jumped onto the forum is to help me reconnect with my Juliets and meet peeps who can help to bring them back to top notch (X-man and Chris Hardaway in particular seem like safe hands).

So anyway... hi. 😅 Look forward to building up enough posts so I can engage in the marketplace.

James 🙂

Hi team, I live in Auckland NZ and have had Oakleys in my life for about 30 years.

I started with Eye Jackets in 1993 (the Goldy snake-skinny ones. Can't remember the colour name).

Then when I got a job at Sunglass hut in 1999 I went straight to the top and got a pair of black iridium Juliets (which I still have). I have the original lenses, plus genuine fire and ice replacements but, despite good care none have stood the ravages of time.

In 2015 I bought my 3rd pair of Oakleys - Wiretaps with blue lenses. They're really nice glasses but a bit heavy on the nose... and the lenses haven't lasted either. Iridium coating has delaminated just like all my Juliet ones.

The main reason I've jumped onto the forum is to help me reconnect with my Juliets and meet peeps who can help to bring them back to top notch (X-man and Chris Hardaway in particular seem like safe hands).

So anyway... hi. 😅 Look forward to building up enough posts so I can engage in the marketplace.

James 🙂
Sending to the US is a process from NZ mate and a bit pricey. there was a guy in sydney here but he has gone now but there is a place in W.A that has done all mine and does an excellent job on all my x metals

Xmas WElcome.gif

James 🙂
Welcome James

Okay, thanks mate. Will weigh up options, but paying for shipping is just a big part of life these days I guess. 😅
Sending to the US is a process from NZ mate and a bit pricey. there was a guy in sydney here but he has gone now but there is a place in W.A that has done all mine and does an excellent job on all my x metals

Back