• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi from Scotland...

Bonham

Oakley Beginner
Hi folks - I'm a long time Oakley wearer, but now on the hunt for a spare Temple Trim for my Oakley Keel prescription glasses - can anyone point me in the direction of where I might get this?
Oakley UK unfortunately don't have any spares remaining for this frame, so I've no idea where to try next...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Bonham welcome to the community. You don't have exchange access yet, but I doubt you'll find one there anyway. Try here: @Chris A Hardaway This tag should bring him in here, he's an optometrist here in the States and can maybe help.;)

Ok OK, so you need a "temple hinge".... The small "L" shaped piece that attaches to the lens, and then to the temple at the hinge? It's the smallest single piece of metal on the glasses in polished black. You'll need spare bushings too to remount it. The little clear plastic sleeves the frame sits inside at the drill holes.

Oakley doesn't sell parts like that. Heck they don't even sell temples. Silly logic on their part. I can't believe their ignorance at times to the consumers needs. Why don't you call oakley UK, and set up a defective exchange/return? Better yet go through your local optician where they were bought?

Most places can't warranty it if it's abuse/damage, not defective. If they are over a year old and you have a baby this is really a normal situation you'll need to roll with. You might be better off spending $120 online to just get one off Amazon or eBay to fix it. I have a feeling you Broke rule #1 of glasses: always have a spare set!

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for checking. I'm not sure anyone will have this part for you. But you can keep checking. I've seen forum members pull rabbits from hats, it just won't be me today. Sorry guys.

Ok OK, so you need a "temple hinge".... The small "L" shaped piece that attaches to the lens, and then to the temple at the hinge? It's the smallest single piece of metal on the glasses in polished black. You'll need spare bushings too to remount it. The little clear plastic sleeves the frame sits inside at the drill holes.

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for checking. I'm not sure anyone will have this part for you. But you can keep checking. I've seen forum members pull rabbits from hats, it just won't be me today. Sorry guys.

Apology not necessary, Chris. You've at least steered him with some options.

You're still my hero! :neo:

Hi Chris - no - not earsocks (those are the rubbery sheaths that cover the ends of the legs - right?)
frame_2_flipped.jpg

I'm talking about the piece at the other end of the leg.
It's the corner hinge part that attaches to the lens.
In my frames, one of the fixing posts has snapped inside the lens (it's held together with two posts and a compression fitting) - I took the frame to a local optician who used to be an Oakley retailer, and he said, you;ll need to get a spare part to repair it.
Only problem is that Oakley UK no longer have any spares for this model.

Last edited:
Please reread. I just mentioned you needed a Temple Hinge the little L shaped piece that attaches from the hinge to the frame front. That piece is not sold by Oakley. Go ahead and reread my first message. Good luck.

Back