• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi from sunny SW England!

JPD

Oakley Beginner
Hello everyone,

Bit of a latecomer to Oakleys, having only bought my first pair last year; Flak Jackets, which if I'm honest are a bit small for me! I then had an amazing trip to the States in late summer and the gods must have been looking down on me... As I walked into a store/vault in a mall in Florida, one of the staff gave me a voucher for 30% off everything! Walked out with a new pair of Badmans, a carabiner and some socks! but could happily have spent a small fortune though.

Around the same time, I discovered this forum. I got a little obsessed with reading about the history, seeing all the variations, customising etc. I've never joined a forum before (another first!) and must admit it's a little daunting learning all the new terminology like.. you can have one 'bump' in 48hrs.. Not a clue what this meant! Anyway, you seem like a friendly bunch, with a good sense of humour, so I'm sure you'll help me out.

Here starts the addiction!!

Hello everyone,

Bit of a latecomer to Oakleys, having only bought my first pair last year; Flak Jackets, which if I'm honest are a bit small for me! I then had an amazing trip to the States in late summer and the gods must have been looking down on me... As I walked into a store/vault in a mall in Florida, one of the staff gave me a voucher for 30% off everything! Walked out with a new pair of Badmans, a carabiner and some socks! but could happily have spent a small fortune though.

Around the same time, I discovered this forum. I got a little obsessed with reading about the history, seeing all the variations, customising etc. I've never joined a forum before (another first!) and must admit it's a little daunting learning all the new terminology like.. you can have one 'bump' in 48hrs.. Not a clue what this meant! Anyway, you seem like a friendly bunch, with a good sense of humour, so I'm sure you'll help me out.

Here starts the addiction!!
Welcome to the forum:)

Yeah we like to have a little fun here. ;)

Welcome. I'm new to the forum also.

How do you like the Badmans?
I understand from the more I read that Badmans aren't 'real' x-metals, but I really like them. They also fit my face better! My only regret was that I got the Dark Carbon with Prizm daily polarized lenses and wished I'd gone for the Plasma / Sapphire instead.

I understand from the more I read that Badmans aren't 'real' x-metals, but I really like them. They also fit my face better! My only regret was that I got the Dark Carbon with Prizm daily polarized lenses and wished I'd gone for the Plasma / Sapphire instead.
Time to buy the other pair. ;)

Hi and welcome from Somerset - Bridgwater to be exact....

Whereabouts in the south west are you?

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

Hi and welcome from Somerset - Bridgwater to be exact....

Whereabouts in the south west are you?

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk
Thanks neighbour! From just down the road(ish) in Plymouth :)
There seem to be quite a few Brits on here - don't know why that surprises me!

Welcome JPD, even though you're another Limey! ;)

Thanks for signing up, you'll pick up the lingo soon enough, don't worry. Congrats on your recent pickups too. Don't worry about whether the Badman are X Metals or not, that debate rages on here still, although a bit quieter now. The fact is they are real Oakleys so you wear and enjoy them, plenty of them in here being worn!!

Latest Posts

Back