• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi from sunny SW England!

Welcome JPD, even though you're another Limey! ;)

Thanks for signing up, you'll pick up the lingo soon enough, don't worry. Congrats on your recent pickups too. Don't worry about whether the Badman are X Metals or not, that debate rages on here still, although a bit quieter now. The fact is they are real Oakleys so you wear and enjoy them, plenty of them in here being worn!!
Thanks cyclerdoug, thanks everyone, for a warm welcome. :) Quite how I've managed to get so far in life without owning a pair of Oakleys is beyond me. However, I can see me making up for lost time quite quickly - this is going to get expensive!! but be a load of fun.

Thanks cyclerdoug, thanks everyone, for a warm welcome. :) Quite how I've managed to get so far in life without owning a pair of Oakleys is beyond me. However, I can see me making up for lost time quite quickly - this is going to get expensive!! but be a load of fun.

It will indeed be fun. The best part for me was how good the product actually is. Put the "Cool" aside and study the actual sunglasses and how they're made and the purpose behind the various models, all the older ones and most of the current ones. Marketing and Promotion were of course concerns, but they are superior sunglasses and worth the price and the hype. You'll discover this and get seriously excited about a model (or even a few like most of us do) and you'll accumulate and wear them. It's a hobby that really has no end!

:dontmentionit:

So, back to that list... I'm not sure if I'm supposed to keep writing here, or start a new thread?

My plan, to start building my collection, is to get the following over the next few months, all current models..

Square Wire - general wear, in the car etc.
Flak 2.0 XL - mountain biking / out on a boat
Holbrook - all occasions, modern classic?

Which order would you go for and what colour/lens combo?

Thanks you guys. Just spent another few evenings (and mornings, and lunchtimes!) trawling the pages.. There is some great stuff on here... Found one chap who was brave enough to ask all the daft questions I was too afraid to ask, like what is CONUS (Continental US for you non-Americans) and F&F, (Which any Brit may know as Tesco supermarket's own-brand cheap clothing!) On here it means friends and family - obvious when you look back!

Have seen so many more things to add to my list; Mark Cavendish Jawbreakers - wow, and I'm not even gonna get started on the X-metals!

Thanks Mr S'Frog and QLR1... Only a few useful posts away from getting to the exchange forum, and seeing what happens next! Also - it's pay day :). So the next dilemma is whether to try to hold-out for my first ever x-metals or to buy some more regular Os, which was my original plan!

I've got 30 plus pair of Holbrooks and will not advise you on any frame or lens choice! You get a pair on your face and then if they fit you and are comfortable you'll have a myriad to choose from in their current production and all of them that aren't made anymore...plenty of other Brooks nuts on here to buy and trade with. ;)

Same rules apply to your choice of Flaks and Wires...get them on your face if you can first..then go crazy...

Only ones you really won't find easy to try on are all the Original X Metals and a lot of the discontinued models...but with damn near all of them, especially the X Metals, if you buy a pair on here and they don't fit or you don't like them at all, you can always re-sell them and not lose much if anything at all! There's a buyer for everything and this forum will help you if you're honest and ask. (Meaning tell us there's nothing wrong with the pair we all saw you buy a week ago and are selling now, you just hate them or they don't fit you...) You will find, as I have, this is the most helpful and community oriented forum I am or have ever been a member of, and that includes cycling forums, memorabilia forums, History forums, and even a coffee forum!

To quote my dead Croatian Grandmother...."This place is the cat's ass"!!

Back