• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi from sunny SW England!

Doug - cheers for the advice. I did manage to try on those current styles last year. I'm sure the guy in the O Store thought I was some odd Brit, as I went back 3 times, tried pretty much everything on, and then took photos of my faves. Actually, reading this back, maybe I am some odd Brit! So gradually, I will get all of these.

Regarding the x-metals, I did try a pair on about 15 years ago, perhaps a Romeo or Juliet (I've always remembered those names) Anyway, my Mum offered to buy me a pair and I refused, saying that there is no way I'd ever spend, or let her spend, that much money on a pair of sunnies. Kicking myself now of course, as how could they ever be considered 'just a pair of sunnies!'

I'd not thought about buying a pair of XMs and then simply selling on again if they weren't right. Ordinarily, I think folk would be suspicious of re-selling an item. However, what you say about this forum is bang-on - It's like office banter, or simply catching up with your mates. There's micky-taking (don't know if that translates - sarcasm), slightly edgey stuff (funny posts about rice!) which doesn't offend as you can see it's not malicious and finally a genuine willingness to help each other out.

Doug - cheers for the advice. I did manage to try on those current styles last year. I'm sure the guy in the O Store thought I was some odd Brit, as I went back 3 times, tried pretty much everything on, and then took photos of my faves. Actually, reading this back, maybe I am some odd Brit! So gradually, I will get all of these.

Regarding the x-metals, I did try a pair on about 15 years ago, perhaps a Romeo or Juliet (I've always remembered those names) Anyway, my Mum offered to buy me a pair and I refused, saying that there is no way I'd ever spend, or let her spend, that much money on a pair of sunnies. Kicking myself now of course, as how could they ever be considered 'just a pair of sunnies!'

I'd not thought about buying a pair of XMs and then simply selling on again if they weren't right. Ordinarily, I think folk would be suspicious of re-selling an item. However, what you say about this forum is bang-on - It's like office banter, or simply catching up with your mates. There's micky-taking (don't know if that translates - sarcasm), slightly edgey stuff (funny posts about rice!) which doesn't offend as you can see it's not malicious and finally a genuine willingness to help each other out.
You should have your access now too. Good luck! :)

You are dead on about the forum. Office crew talking at the water cooler indeed, but a lot of genuine people in here intent on helping out.

And taking pics of yourself in the O store or the mall is perfectly within reason...most if not all of us do it!

Now let me say something serious...I applaud you saying "maybe I am some odd Brit!"....admitting that is your first step to recovery my friend. :rofl:

You are dead on about the forum. Office crew talking at the water cooler indeed, but a lot of genuine people in here intent on helping out.

And taking pics of yourself in the O store or the mall is perfectly within reason...most if not all of us do it!

Now let me say something serious...I applaud you saying "maybe I am some odd Brit!"....admitting that is your first step to recovery my friend. :rofl:
I guess Os must be the cure then ;)

Hello everyone,

Bit of a latecomer to Oakleys, having only bought my first pair last year; Flak Jackets, which if I'm honest are a bit small for me! I then had an amazing trip to the States in late summer and the gods must have been looking down on me... As I walked into a store/vault in a mall in Florida, one of the staff gave me a voucher for 30% off everything! Walked out with a new pair of Badmans, a carabiner and some socks! but could happily have spent a small fortune though.

Around the same time, I discovered this forum. I got a little obsessed with reading about the history, seeing all the variations, customising etc. I've never joined a forum before (another first!) and must admit it's a little daunting learning all the new terminology like.. you can have one 'bump' in 48hrs.. Not a clue what this meant! Anyway, you seem like a friendly bunch, with a good sense of humour, so I'm sure you'll help me out.

Here starts the addiction!!

I'm new to this site also. I'm from Tenn. Im not new to Oakleys I bought my 1st pair probably at least 5 years ago and had never been a sunglasses wearer. I was going on a Disney Cruise with my daughter and I get migraines so I thought I should get a pair of sunglasses in case I get migraine cause lights and sounds suck bad and I never regretted the purchase. I loved them and my daughter wanted them so I gave th to her and went and got me a new pair. I'm glad your happy customer also and welcome to this site also. If you ever go on Vacation to East Tenn which is Smokey Mountain Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are huge vacation spots with Dollywood and Splash Country. If you drive just outside of downtown Pigeon Forge maybe 10 min. At most there is Big Tanger Outlet store with a ton of stores. They Also have an Oakley Vault there. Just wanted to say hi and welcome.

I'm new to this site also. I'm from Tenn. Im not new to Oakleys I bought my 1st pair probably at least 5 years ago and had never been a sunglasses wearer. I was going on a Disney Cruise with my daughter and I get migraines so I thought I should get a pair of sunglasses in case I get migraine cause lights and sounds suck bad and I never regretted the purchase. I loved them and my daughter wanted them so I gave th to her and went and got me a new pair. I'm glad your happy customer also and welcome to this site also. If you ever go on Vacation to East Tenn which is Smokey Mountain Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are huge vacation spots with Dollywood and Splash Country. If you drive just outside of downtown Pigeon Forge maybe 10 min. At most there is Big Tanger Outlet store with a ton of stores. They Also have an Oakley Vault there. Just wanted to say hi and welcome.
Hi Chuck, thanks for the warm welcome and welcome to you to. I appreciate the top tip regarding Tennessee. I've visited the touristy type places; LA, Orlando, NY, etc. before, but I've have never really ventured into the rest of the US ( other than going to a wedding in a place called Bakersfield, CA I think!) One day I'll plan a longer trip and see some of real America.

Must be something about daughters, as mine keeps trying to steal my Flak Jackets (they do look better on her than me, but I'm not gonna tell her that!)

Greetings from Orpington in Kent.
Thanks Mr F.Trixtar. I'm up your way next week (Twickenham) and was planning a trip to the O store in Covent Garden - I think it's the closest one to me. c.250miles each way! (It may even be the only one in UK!) I see there's also a Vault in Wembly - have you ever been there..do you think it's worth a visit at the same time?

Back